Textbook Heer M44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
    IMHO, the collar tabs are put togheter. I know of a retrouvement of an old stock left collar tabs more tighten that the normal ones and this is one of them, more, i don't like as they are sewed as well.
    Maybe it is because the picture is taken at an angle, making the tabs looking longer and thinner..

Also it seems to me the tabs are sewn with the same thread and tight stitches as other parts of the collars construction..

Jens
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
      Maybe it is because the picture is taken at an angle, making the tabs looking longer and thinner..

Also it seems to me the tabs are sewn with the same thread and tight stitches as other parts of the collars construction..

Jens

Hi Jens,
      if the tab is pictured from a false angle that justify its thinner i'm afraid of what i said. By the way, i own a left collar tab of the same size bought some months ago from a german dealer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that one laying flat on the paper Alex?

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
          Is that one laying flat on the paper Alex?

Jens
          yes it is.

Comment

I find myself in genuine disagreement with remarks that question the manner in which the collar tabs were applied to the pictured M-44 tunic. IMO this jacket is typical and correct in every aspect; materials, construction, markings, and application of insignia.

Comment

Congratulations Jerry...you need to keep one once in a while to keep your hunting spirits up. Perhaps we just don't get to see the real keepers? Ha ha...

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                IMO this jacket is typical and correct in every aspect; materials, construction, markings, and application of insignia.

Despite some of the previous comments, I agree with you: 100% 'textbook' piece

The owner kindly sent additional photos which I am posting here to aid those having doubts.
                Attached Files

Comment

+
                  Attached Files

Comment

It is nice to see an example with no issues for a change!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the one I "exchanged" it for. And as it turns out, luckily my pants did not sell as they are a perfect match to the tunic. I had m44 infantry boards also, and they match 100%.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Both look great Jerry and congrats on the printed eagle example,tough to find.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks for posting Jerry, congrats on a great find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X