Is It Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It Possible?

Hello, I would like to know your opinion. Is it possible, regarding what the real tunic in the age looked like, for M40 tunic to have generic late war collar tabs? And is it okay to wear M40 tunic with M43 Keilhose? I really appreciate any opinions.

Sorry if my thread is useless, I just want to know your opinions cause I'm kinda new in reenacting.

Prasetio Odata,

I guess it depends on at what point of the war you are interested in reenacting? It is possible to have late model equipment and kit with early model uniform or a mix of early model tunic with late pants and equipment, etc. if you are reenacting late war, e.g. 1943-1945 time periods?

Steve

Comment

airborne_steve,

Well, I'd like to reenact the mid to late war actually. Yea, it could be around 1943-1945. Did some of the recruits, in 1943-1945, still issued with M40 tunic? Or has it been replaced with the M43 tunic? Thanks a lot for your help.
      Last edited by Prasetio Odata; 08-13-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

The golden rule is anything earlier can be used together with anything later. Earlier tunics were reconditioned and reissued but most the items (often with modifacations like Field gray wool collars and new pockets without pleats) would have been mid-late War manufacture. For reenacting mid-later War I would suggest using issue items to the period (M43 tunic etc) unless you are portraying an NCO or older soldier.

Comment

Johnny R,

Oh okay, I get it now. So if I'm portraying a new recruits in 1943-1945, I'd better get an M43 tunic instead of the M40 one, do I get it right? But is it still acceptable if I get the M40 tunic, with generic late war collar tabs? Thanks a lot man.

P.S. Do Janke made uniforms really good? I've heard a lot of people talking about Janke. What I'm going to ask is, is it really that good? I mean, compared to another repro manufacturers such as Sturm or Lost Battalions. And what's the price range for Janke? Let's say for the tunic and keilhosen.
          Last edited by Prasetio Odata; 08-14-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Hello, the M43 stuff would be best but in reality everything was used. Front line units had priority for new gear so that would fit better. I would ask about tunic manufacturers s in the Living History section.

I see where you are posting from. I took Indonesian in University long ago. I only really remember the words for Train "Karata Api", Coffee "Kopi" and Cigarette "Rokok". I love the literal translation for Karata Api- "Cart of Fire"

Comment

Johnny R,

Sorry my internet connection was broken. Alright then thanks a lot for your suggestion. Well, I'm looking for a good tunic manufacturer at the moment. I've been considering buying Sturm's products, but I'm still quite unsure about my choice. Any opinions? Anyway, have you ever heard about on the march? Do they make good tunics?

P.S. Really? Glad to know someone willing to learn Indonesian. It's should be Kereta Api anyway.
              Last edited by Prasetio Odata; 08-16-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasetio Odata View Post
                Johnny R,

Sorry my internet connection was broken. Alright then thanks a lot for your suggestion. Well, I'm looking for a good tunic manufacturer at the moment. I've been considering buying Sturm's products, but I'm still quite unsure about my choice. Any opinions? Anyway, have you ever heard about on the march? Do they make good tunics?

P.S. Really? Glad to know someone willing to learn Indonesian. It's should be Kereta Api anyway.
                Okay, that was 20 some years ago so I guess I am allowed to misspell a word.

I would look at Lost Battalions or At the Front. I would ask in the Living History Section of the forum. There are cheap copies and better made ones. Like anything in life if IMO you are serious about something it is better to get a better product that will last longer and is higher quality.

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german.../heerlist.html

http://www.atthefront.com/german.html

Comment

Johnny R,

Yeah, Sturm's tunics seems fine to me. But I'm really interested in on the march's tunic, unfortunately they don't take paypal anymore, which is the easiest overseas payment method in my country. Thanks for your help, anyway.

P.S. Of course it's alright, even sometime I hardly understood what the native Indonesian were talking about, they speak so fast with various accent in each provinces.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasetio Odata View Post
                    Johnny R,

Yeah, Sturm's tunics seems fine to me. But I'm really interested in on the march's tunic, unfortunately they don't take paypal anymore, which is the easiest overseas payment method in my country. Thanks for your help, anyway.

P.S. Of course it's alright, even sometime I hardly understood what the native Indonesian were talking about, they speak so fast with various accent in each provinces.
                    Good luck, you should be able to find somone on the forum that would buy the things for you and then you pay them with paypal. Talk to some US reenactors, show them some of the pictures of women in Bali and they will do what ever you want.

Comment

Johnny R,

Amen for that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X