X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteer Sleeve Shields

I am looking for scans of Siberian and Kuban Cossack volunteer
    sleeve shields in bevo.
    Also if you are a collector of volunteer shields I have several very rare shields that I am looking to swap.

Mail ian@essex.to

Thanks.

I'm looking for western volunteers ones, here find a pic of the Spanish one

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

2nd attempt, sorry
      Attached Files
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Have a look!

Have a look at this site!

http://website.lineone.net/~thevolunteers/

Comment

Here is a rare one! A textbook German-made example.

Comment

Very nice!

Prosper, very nice! got any more like that?

Comment

Another - Frei. Leg. Niederlande

A very rare one... An official German manufactured worn Freiwillingen-Legion Niederlande shield.
              Attached Files

Comment

Notice the German manufactured early Dutch shield above is divided bendwise diagonally opposite to that of the Dutch manufactured variants.

The later commonly seen German manufactured Dutch shield is divided horizontally.
                Last edited by Steve T; 05-14-2002, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve.....that is a very nice Dutch German made shield. Please let me know if you ever want to sell it or trade it.

Rene Chavez

Comment

Hello Rene

Drop me a line at home, I know of one for sale.
                    Ian.

Comment

This is what a genuine BeVo-style 'FRANCE' armshield as worn by the Legion Voluntaire Française looks like. When the LVF was disbanded, some members went on to form the cadre of the French Waffen-SS Division 'Charlemagne', elements of which fought to the bitter end in Berlin in May 1945. Frenchmen caught in German uniform by French units were usually summarily executed. There is a sequence of photographs showing some captured French SS men coming face to face with the famous French General Leclerc, commander of the 2 DB (2nd Armoured Division). Leclerc is supposed to have asked them why they were wearing German uniforms to which they responded by asking him why he was wearing an American uniform. Shortly afterwards they were mown down by Lerclerc's men. Other Waffen-SS soldiers and Fallschirmjäger were given a choice by the ever-pragmatic French: rot in prison hulks and coal mines for years or join the Foreign Legion and fight Communism in Indo-China. Many chose the latter, including French SS men pretending to be Belgians or Swiss-French! The Battle of Dien Bin Phu in 1954 is popularly known by some in France as "the last battle of the Third Reich".

Prosper Keating
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Prosper Keating; 05-16-2002, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Prosper

Have you seen the France and Wallonie shield on
                        http://website.lineone.net/~thevolunteers/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-07-2002 08:28 AM

Comment

France

Prosper,

Nice picture.

That France style was the only one I really liked..If there's one thing in militaria that's consistent it's a BeVo shield...

Here's another example and no surprise, exactly similar.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Steve T; 05-18-2002, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Ian,

It would be nice to see some rare ones. Could we see a few of your rare shields you have to swap?

Thanks

Comment

Very nice shields....

Hi Folks....this is great very nice legion shields. Here are a few from my collection, which are also shown in my web site.
                              As you can see on top left corner is a Siberian Cossack shield, next to it is a Trifos collar tab. Below is a Germanic NCO Rune shield next to it is a Spanish and one of my favorites Flemish Foreign Legion shield.

Rene

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X