Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine metal breast eagle

Good day to all,

yesterday I picked up some KM stuff at a fleamarket. Along with a white jumper, a handpainted cloth 'Andenken' and the white top of a Tellermutze, there was a metal breast eagle for the white tunic. Although it looks fine to me, it has a strange feature. The eagles talons and the swas are totally misaligned with the rest of the eagle. And it looks like it has always been that way, not caused by an accident or something. Has anyone seen this feature before?

This is not a KM eagle but, as you wrote, an eagle for white tunic (heer).

Comment

Well the eagle is gilted so I don't think it's Heer. Strange anomaly though.

Comment

Gilt normally refers to gold, no ?

To me it looks like a silver Summer eagle, army or perhaps navy administration.

Jos.

Comment

Yes, gilt refers to gold, and the eagle isn't silver but goldcolored. Pictures weren't clear enough. Here some others photo's:

Comment

Gilded or silvered, there is something odd about this eagle, call it gut-feeling if you want. I don't collect eagles and can compare it only to one in my collection and there are multitudes of differences (which naturally could be attributed to a different producer). Apart from the two anomalies already mentioned, the right wing is tilted down when viewed from the front and the swastika appears to be pebbled. I would expect that surface to be totally flat. Just my two bits.

cheers
            Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X