No announcement yet.

Flag bearer arm patch opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not mess with anything, this is pretty much exactly what I would expect to see for this time period with the bearers patch. I cannot say it is all 100% but the math "works" with the O.A. bands etc.

Comment

Also review the shield foto.. it MIGHT have a ghost of the shields original placement above it..Billbert

Comment

The buttons look like larger dress buttons (19-21 CM?) as well aside from the bottom pockets which look like issue?

Comment

Why would a breast eagle be removed and replaced but a large bevo insignia with three eagles be possibly orig?

I am not siding one way or other at this point as this thread started for the standard bearers shield that is a nice original but when applied ?

The tunic still looks great with it.

Comment

just have a ruler at the moment but I think that they are about 18-19 mm wide.

I will sell the tunic later on. And if the bearer patch doesn't belong I rather remove it.

Comment

I would want to see everything before doing or saying anything about what is replaced or not unless it is known it was replaced etc. The buttons were changed for the dress/walking out appearance etc.

Comment

Sorry for asking. But why would they change buttons? It was a field tunic but ended as a dress tunic, is that right?

Comment

THIS WAS IMO HIS DRESS UP to impress the ladies walking out tunic!! It indeed lloks sharp!! Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                    Sorry for asking. But why would they change buttons? It was a field tunic but ended as a dress tunic, is that right?
                    It is not a field tunic, as noted it is for walking out etc. They had 2 plus tunics each, usually 3 for NCOS four plus, this is a "leave tunic". The silver buttons are a normal change to try and make it look like a officers piped dress tunic or a RH piped service tunic etc.

Comment

Quick question what are O.A. bands?

Awesome tunic, BTW. It would be nice if someone experience could look at the patch before anything is removed. It would be a shame to deface it if it's period.

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      I would not mess with anything, this is pretty much exactly what I would expect to see for this time period with the bearers patch. I cannot say it is all 100% but the math "works" with the O.A. bands etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
                        Quick question what are O.A. bands?
                        Offizier-Anwärter (Officer Cadet) worn on the shoulder straps.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tunic! I would leave the patch on it. Could be good IMO.
                          http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                            Offizier-Anwärter (Officer Cadet) worn on the shoulder straps.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammler View Post
                              Why would a breast eagle be removed and replaced but a large bevo insignia with three eagles be possibly orig?

I am not siding one way or other at this point as this thread started for the standard bearers shield that is a nice original but when applied ?

The tunic still looks great with it.
                              Doesnt need to be..

Ive seen tunics bought directly from vets family with original sewn krimshields but with no breasteagles...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X