Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe uniform (Major)

Hello all,

I bought a Luftwaffe uniform recently, but I have some necessary questions about it. Please take a look at the following page and let me know your thoughts about it...

Thank you for your time in this matter!

http://www.geocities.com/lcoffyn/major.htm

There is a LOT wrong with that tunic. I took a quick look, but when I try and go back to your site it won't let me in. Says you have exceeded your alloted date transfer - whatever the hell that means. Anyway, based on a very short look: The hat is for an enlisted man. The collar tabs are post-war. Couldn't tell for sure what the shoulder straps were, but they appear to be enlisted - sure aren't Third Reich major. The breast eagle was sewn on in the wrong place.

Suggest you get your money back.

Comment

Hi,
      Just return this tunic (if you can) - it is a post war tunic (bundeswer) with an added eagle (fake) -
      Shoulder boards seems NCO -probably fake and not going with an offficer tunic ...... I don't need to give more details as it seems nobody will challenge that the complete tunic is fake

Again, if you can, return it,

François
      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Return it!

Hi Suppi -

All who have posted so far are correct - this is a post-war tunic that has been jimmied up. The eagle is an enlisted man's, and the cap may be post-war too. Looks liek they did a good job on the French cuffs, however...

Don

Comment

Thank you all for replying,

I'm pretty sure that the cap is real. The inside is nicely marked with the Reichspatent, and it doesn't look shiny like the uniform. The inside liner is nearly falling apart, so it looks very real (I don't think they messed with the sewing)

I'll see what I can do about that jacket. Returning it will probably be the best solution...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X