Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 Tunic Questions

Hello gents,

Just had a few questions about a M36 Panzer tunic that I was looking at. Everything appears authentic. The eagle and tabs have been replaced but are the boards original to the tunic?

1. Is there a method of determining if boards are original to the tunic?
    2. The tabs and eagle are replaced but does it appear to have been done during war or post-war? I think post-war because they are out of character with an obviously used tunic.
    3. Dagger hanger on an EM tunic?

Last edited by therifleman; 06-18-2010, 03:24 PM.

m 36

I'll tell you what I feel here. I see a rebuilt tunic post 45. This being said, the collar tabs look too clean to me, shoddy sewing job, at that. Replacing the insignia is not enough. When re buildng a tunic the real challenge lies in matching the various additions to one another.

Comment

IMO it is an M41 that had a green collar added and the hanger for an upgrade to officer use. It was stripped and restored to what is there now.

Comment

the boards look bad as well
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Alright thanks guys. Obviously this tunic has been d*cked with and I will therefore veer away.

Comment

Originally posted by therifleman View Post
            Alright thanks guys. Obviously this tunic has been d*cked with and I will therefore veer away.
            It could be fixed fairly easily but it is not worth as much as a stright shooter etc.

Comment

It could be fixed fairly easily but it is not worth as much as a stright shooter etc.
              With a bit of tayloring this is true but I'd rather get the straighest (I know there are few %100 straight tunics out there) example possible.

Comment

Originally posted by therifleman View Post
                With a bit of tayloring this is true but I'd rather get the straighest (I know there are few %100 straight tunics out there) example possible.
                Probably half of them are restored and sold as real but there are still good ones out there. For what they cost now it is better to spend more and get very nice example.

Comment

Also odd is that it has a single pip on the strap and no tresse

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                    the boards look bad as well
                    The boards are fake, so don´t care about the pips!

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
                      The boards are fake, so don´t care about the pips!
                      You are are heartless man, no one has cared for 40 years now. They have emotional needs as well you know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

should i have used an other word?
                        Stars?In german we say "Sterne"

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
                          should i have used an other word?
                          Stars?In german we say "Sterne"
                          No, we say pips also, that was a joke. Stop being chronically German and loosen up. A little Motown will do you good. I love the little 70s Elf suits-

http://es.netlog.com/go/explore/vide...oid=es-2970481

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X