No announcement yet.

CAV Tunic on the e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did ANYONE read what I wrote - do you want to see some pictures of mint uniforms that you would die for ???

Uniforms that I KNOW have been put together after '45 ???

All you would do is to tell everyone how gorgeous they were !!!

The collar tabs are concerning the collectors.

Here are the collar tabs from this thread for comparison.

Would anyone demand a court marshall if the soldier wore either of these at the front in '44 ???

I doubt it - the soldiers didn't give a hooch - they only thought about the war and survival.

Attached Files
    Last edited by OU812; 06-19-2010, 06:32 AM.

Comment

- and the shoulder boards...
      Attached Files

Comment

So, here is a copy of your First PM to me asking me to post what I thought about your tunic-

Would u do me a favour and write what you think here ???

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=443424

Jesper

Re: Cav tunic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My email to you after I took the time to look at 30 some pictures of the tunic you emailed me to show details-

The insignia is real it just appears not to have been applied during the War. They still make natural threads that do not react to UV. Watch the thread. I suspect most people will tell you the same thing.

I told you I did not think it would be a good idea for me to post on your thread but you asked me too, you seem to have had some strange plan to bring up several other issues which seem to make you angry or make a point.

Eagles were not worn during the war with push pins holding them on. To me it looks like the eagle was removed when the War ended and was tacked back on over the ghost with pins.

If you understood what I posted on you GJ tunic I said I liked it, I asked you to indicate what numbers were on the boards because I could not see the numbers, towards the bells and whistles Ade told you to rearrange the awards and I agreed.

Most of your angst appears to be from language misunderstandings of what was said. The insignia application and type of boards on your tunic is not standard. Could it be period done, sure but it is very unlikely.

So in the end if you ask for an opinion and do not like the response I am sorry. I promise you it will not happen again.
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought you would resond, I will come back later. You cannot ask for opinions and then be angry and I told you after I looked at all the detail pictures what I thought in a PM long before I posted-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the insingia may be replaced post War so maybe that is not a good idea. The shoulder boards are LW or for an Army dress tunic. I think the tunic is 100% real but someone in the family may have put the inisngia on there before your friend bought it.

And then recieved this from you-

I bowe for expertise, Johnny !!!

Please copy the text below to the discussion about the tunic - I want people to be aware of what you say !!!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Johnny R
          I think the insingia may be replaced post War so maybe that is not a good idea. The shoulder boards are LW or for an Army dress tunic. I think the tunic is 100% real but someone in the family may have put the inisngia on there before your friend bought it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not hold any punches. I do not think you understood what I said. So it is what it is and you can form your own opinion. I do not think the insingia is period applied. Sorry.

I am busy on Earth today but will check in later.

Comment

All right.

First of all I'm sorry if there has been some misunderstading due to language problems. I'm NOT angry - just want to say that I do not believe everythings perfect *S*

Secondly the pin on the eagle naturlly weren't period made *SSS*

Thirdly - and most important - I'd like to say that I'm happy that you write that the insignia "could it be period done, sure but it is very unlikely".

Of cause the right insignia SHOULD be used - but this prove my point that not everything neccesarely was 100% perfect in ยด44.

I naturally know that a lot of tayors and collectors have been very busy since the prices rose due to the interest for the 2. WW.

BUT the insignia on both of the tunics dicussed - the GJ and the Kavallerie - COULD be period.

Nobody know what the field taylor did back then - we can't ask him.

But perhaps the picture below gives us a foundation for an estimate
            Attached Files

Comment

There are typical applications of insingia and very unusual things to see. No one knows everything , and certainly not me. And there is no correct way of insignia aplication, just more common, standard applications and then variations- All of which need to be looked at carefuly individually to try and figure out if they are period etc.

The more I learn about this stuff the more I realize how much I do not know.

I am glad you are not angry. Now I will enjoy myself more being forced to go to a huge mall and look at womens shoes with my wife for 4 hours. I sacrifice a lot to be able to buy all these German things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                I am totally in agreement with the assessment by Johnny R.
                So am I.

Comment

OK - so the conclusion is that people here don't like the collar tabs and the shoulder boards on my tunic.

They COULD be period applied but most likely after '45. A new owner could replace these if preferred.

The eagle naturally has to be attached properly.

Apart from this the tunic is accepted.

Comment

Is the tunic actually named to Simeon? Or attributed?
                    Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X