Unique Breast Eagle Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique Breast Eagle Application

Tough to make this one out but this is on an M43 jacket. Does it look to be hand applied? Think it left the factory this way?
    Attached Files

It was machine applied to the wool base and then, the top looks machine sewn or folded over? On the bottom it is hand sewn to the tunic on the wool base like many waffenrock eagles. Is it a walking out type tunic? I have seen this done before with issue tunics to "upgrade" the uniform appearence but of course it could be done recently as well.

Comment

Looks to be entirely machine sewn with a T stitch directly to the jacket (no wool base).IMO.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

To me it looks like it is machine sewn on something else, note the two machine striaght stitchlines on top and edges? To me it looks like a flatwire application that has been trimmed. Can you post more pictures or tell if there is a backing?

Comment

Guys,

That is the only pic I have. It is a standard enlisted man's uniform. To me it looks like there is some fraying along the edges and it has popped up between the stitches.

Comment

Not sure what the top is showing..Maybe damage to the top portion of the wing,maybe an extra line of sewing from the factory.Impossible to say from the photo.IMO.

Here is an example of what a 'T stitch' looks like for those wondering.This is how it looks sewn to me.

Glenn
            Attached Files
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

They may have changed thread or sewn back accross to back out etc. I also would like to see more pictures, but Glenn has more EM tunics than the Munich Depot ever did so he probably is right. To me it looks "raised" as well like something is under it, maybe just the folded over base material of the eagle itself.

Comment

Well, I learned something today. I do believe that is the same type of application. Thanks for going into your depot and bringing that one out!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X