Mountian troops sleeve patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountian troops sleeve patch

I have a bundle of these, and the top one had this tag on the back. Any thoughts on originality? Appears to be cotton thread, (burn test), and on feld grau wool. Thanks, Dave.
    Attached Files

Patches

back
    Attached Files

Comment

edelweis

No one?

Comment

I have one patch in my collection that is virtually identical and I believe these are accepted as mid war patches however there is a reproduction patch that is in my opinion a direct copy to this particular patch. Its not a fake as such and by that I mean it is not meant to try and fool us collectors. It is marketed by a company and sold as a repro however it is a very good copy.

As to your patch as shown I do believe it to be the genuine article providing of course this patch and as mentioned the one I also have are in fact TR issue. I purchased mine from a reliable dealer (not always foolproof I know), it is generally regarded by the collecting community to be a genuine mid war patch even though it does not have veins in the flower petals whereas every other varient that I own does (again not a sign of a repro providing these so called mid war patches are genuine) and it passes the UV light test. To be honest I am a trifle doubtful about these particular patches but so far I cant fault them and if you have done a burn test also well then what more can I say.

As to the label...I dont like it but I know nothing about these and to be honest I dont think a makers label would survive in such good condition. For a start I think the glue would have dried and cracked on the back and if such label did exist then it would have fallen off years ago but again this is just my opinion and I stress I know nothing about labels.

I hope this helps and if it were me I would keep it until somebody comes along and says these mid war patches are the real deal or not. Somebody like an old veteran who has one sewn to his jacket or somebody with iron clad provenance.

KR
        Phil

Comment

Oh yeah and here is mine just so you can compare...

Phil
          Attached Files

Comment

Ive always liked these style of patches and the original shown looks good.

As for the condition of the label, if the item was stored and handled correctly then the survivability is quite good.Plenty of unissued insignia around with paper maker and paper rzm labels.

Is the label original though??
            Its a common ploy to add fake labels to original insignia to up the price.Im not saying thats the case here.

Blacklight it.That would be a starting point.
            Then examine the print under a magnifying glass and tell us what you find.
            You most probaly should see tiny flecks of the base label colour in the black print.

Comment

The patch looks a good late war to me. Not sure about the label though

Nick

Comment

hi
                is my patch:

thank you for your opinion
                cdt
                tony

Comment

Just for your info here is a picture of the repro I was talking about. A few minor differences but its close and I could imagine it would fool quite a few people. Its the closest copy I have seen to any single edelweiss variant. The picture is not great but its the best I have got without resorting to actually buying one from the dealer.

Phil
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X