Many thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Greetings T.K.,

It looks fine to me also.

Fred

Comment

I've only had one of these in my hand and have been sorry ever since for not buying it. Looks good from my limited experience of such items

Jerry

Comment

Afrika Edelweiss, help needed.

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

Are there any period photographs of these on tunics? or is the belief still that they are wartime produced but never issued.

Comment

Originally posted by tropenmilitaria View Post
                Are there any period photographs of these on tunics? or is the belief still that they are wartime produced but never issued.
                I seem to remember reading that they were issued, but not in Afrika, but I cant remember where I read this.

Jerry

Comment

I too agree this is a good patch and I am also of the opinion they were never worn and I personally dont believe they were issued either. Nice find.

Phil

Comment

great original! One I would love to have for my collection. Wasn't there a grouping on one of the dealers websites that had one of these with a GJ grouping... I seem to remember that the edelweiss was an unissued one with that grouping but I could be wrong. Think it was Klaus B. but don't quote me. Matt

Comment

the grouping is on Bruce Herman's site, looks to be a worn and removed one in that set. Matt

Comment

I wish I could find one for my collection of edelweiss insignia.

Congratulations.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Its a great edelweis and its construction is exactly the same as the BeVo green one which was used in Africa even though this one I assume was designed for that theatre.

I read somewhere that the theory is that these tan edelweiss insignia were intended for the SA...(anybody else heard that, or read that?)
                          but I think that's only an assumption based on the fact that you don't see these on DAK uniforms. Its definately an army pattern though!
                          Great find!
                          Last edited by NickG; 06-01-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I think the these edelweiss, even if not issued, were intended for all Polizei and Heer GJ troops wearing tropical uniforms, so all over the Sudfront along with Afrika Korps.

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                              the grouping is on Bruce Herman's site, looks to be a worn and removed one in that set. Matt
                              Matt, isn't that the "sand" yellow colored high end fake?
                              Weren't tropical originals just in brown-chocolate?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X