luxembourgh left behind M44 feldbluse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luxembourgh left behind M44 feldbluse

hi folks ,this uniform was left behind on a farm near Diekirch .
    it is in nearly mint condition ,3-piece made ,nice BEVO-eagle ,little field-repair on the back ,some small moth-holes .
    there where no shoulderboards and the edelweis is attached by me .
    greetings
    Attached Files

more pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

pics

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

pictures

some more
        Attached Files

Comment

Andy

Comment

nice tunic,did you found it yourself in the diekirch area??
            i hoping to go there back this holliday,,,but it vianden actually
            there is a nice thread here about the battle of the ardennes and the hoesdorfplateau!!
            its worth reading,and if this tunic comming from there who nows where it passed there.

Comment

eagle and tabs are replaced as well can we have a look at the markings on the jacket i have doughts about its originality
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

origin

my uncle brought it back after a businesstrip in the early 60's ,he was a seller/buyer in cows and bought it from a farmer for a few euro's (well ,luxembourgh francs back then) . he had a small collection and when he died i got it from my aunth .
                i have no doubts abouth it because i know where it came from .
                there are also much places in the tunic that proof it is old . the eagle is sewn correctly on the tunic ,i can't see problems there .
                there is also a nice fieldrepair on the back and notting lights up under ultra-violet light .
                there is a tunic in the book "german army uniforms of ww2" that is almost a copy of my uniform ,even the markings of the measurment (most of the time that where the only markings they used on m44 tunics) are the same .
                the collor is the first of 3 they commonly used (fieldgrey-russian brownish-italian grey)
                well ,i respect everybodies opinions ofcourse and i know that this model of uniform is always a big problem when it comes to originality and trust...
                best regards
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you post clear close-up of the eagle and the L shape zig zag line of sewing used to repair the back of the jacket? Just curious.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I highly doubt that this is an original jacket, it looks like a fake from the early 90s.

Dont like:

- the markings
                    - wear and repairings to the outside, but brandnew inside
                    - the way the lining peeks out on the flaps of breast-pockets
                    - the lining material itself
                    - cardboard-buttons (they look check)

IMO it was made from a well-used greatcoat.

BTY, even IF this tunic should be original, I would never call it "almost mint".

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      I highly doubt that this is an original jacket, it looks like a fake from the early 90s.

Yep,it's a bad one alright.

Here is an example of an original 'field grey' version for the fellow from Belgium.

Glenn
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Glenn, did you buy that from a Pastry Chef in Nome Alaska during the late 70s while you were selling Fuller Brushes to the Yupik?

The one that started the thread is a good example of fake aging, the "repair" and the mothing were induced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                            Glenn, did you buy that from a Pastry Chef in Nome Alaska during the late 70s while you were selling Fuller Brushes to the Yupik?

Yes..How did you know?..

Glenn

Comment

I am not an expert on M44 tunics, but it seems to me everything about the tunic in question is a little bit off - the cut of the collar, the fabric itself, lining materials, critter damage, etc.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X