Need Help to Price PzG Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help to Price PzG Tunic

A fellow forum member and I are in discussions about the tunic in the photos and we both felt it worthwhile to post the pics here for some advice from other members. There are several things that need to be clarified in order to set a fair value, as follows:
    - there is no provenance for this tunic
    - the tunic comes complete with everything you see in the pics (there is no intention to remove any of the pieces, including the EK1)
    - the tunic appears to be legitimate, and may be an enlisted tunic converted to an officer tunic
    - the tunic, collars, shoulder boards, and eagle all show a lot of wear that appears to be consistent amount of wear in all of the pieces
    - the officers collars appear to authentic but resewn, as there are traces of the EM tab stitching on the under-side of the collar (see pic)
    - the shoulder boards have a narrow attaching strap that is quite a bit narrower than the attaching loops on the shoulders of the tunic (see pic)
    - there are some moth tracks on the sleeves (see pic showing the tracking and a perforation)
    - the Krim shield appears to be original to the tunic, but it's not possible to be certain
    - the EK1 is stamped '65' and is consistent with the K&Q design.
    - the top 3 buttons have been resewn using black thread (and one of the resewn ones has fallen off, and is in the pocket)
    - the bandage is dated 1941 and appears to be authentic

There are 14 pics, so they may have to be spread over a couple of postings.

Would appreciate your input to establish a fair price.

Last edited by resaw; 05-29-2010, 01:42 PM. Reason: Minor wording change

Comment

Comment

It is an original M36 enlisted jacket that was upgraded to officer (the collar is not replaced)

All the "parts" appear original but difficult to say from the photos as to when the officers insignia was applied.

I think I can see the outline of where the larger officer tabs were removed and these ones sewn back on by hand.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I agree with Glenn, based on what I see I would say all the insingia and awards probably were restored or added. I would want to look at it.

Comment

original Tunic with original insignas !

Comment

Originally posted by Seb777 View Post
              original Tunic with original insignas !
              I agree but when was the insignia applied? I see what appears to be a line for either the issue eagle or another one etc. It needs to be seen in hand.

Comment

I notice that the chest size was originally stamped 102 then cut down in size to a 90 and restamped?

Comment

Guys,

im the member who is looking at picking up this tunic. I think if you look at the pics you an see where another eagle once sat, much higher on the tunic. The collar tabs are IMHO reapplied as you can clearly see where another set once sat and the krim shield is up in the air to me. It almost looks like the moths ate away the edges pretty well as it seem like there is a darker shadow on the edges from where more material once sat. All insignia is good and the tunic is for sure legit. Awards IMHO as well are likely just applied but who knows for certain. What would you guys say the tunic is worth? We are looking for honest opinions to come to a happy ground. I have no issues paying what its worth but don't want to over pay either. Its worth the value of the insignia and a cut off tunic, which im just not sure what the value would be as it sits. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X