Rare Chaplain Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Chaplain Armband?

A family friend stopped by yesterday afternoon with a cigar box with several items he has had for over 40+ years. This armband was part of that group. It has some sort of sugary looking stain on it and some of the red tresse looks to have faded onto the white. The tresse is neatly hand stitched. It does have an acceptance stamp.

I can't read the German writing so any assistance would be appreciated. Any thoughts on this piece?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shinerb; 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM.

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Stamp Close Up
      Attached Files

Comment

It reads:

Glaubens-Bewegung

Deutsche Christen

Comment

Thanks. And the bottom text?

Comment

It's not a Chaplain armband. I believe this would have been a Christian movement in the very early part of the Third Reich. Top text is Glaubens-Bewegung, bottom text Deutsche Christen.

Comment

Chris,

I think you are exactly right. With that translation from above I was able to find this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Faith_Movement

Comment

The armband above would not be for the organization in the link, but instead for a Christian movement.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully someone has a little info on this.

Comment

This would be a legit armed forces chaplain's armband (repro example)
                    Yours is indeed a civilian one belonging to some kind of christian entity...
                    Not miliitary related but based on the stamp a TR piece!
                    The "acceptance" stamp is a "property" stamp...
                    Attached Files

Comment

A simple Google search for "Glaubensbewegung Deutsche Christen" will yield a number of links with information on this organization, a Protestant group founded in Berlin in 1932.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X