Panzer Collar Tabs Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Collar Tabs Opinions Please

Can I get some opinions on these tabs. I was unable to load some of the pictures. The pictures were two large. I posted them on Photobucket.

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx243/groserm/

Thanks

Rick
    Attached Files

tabs

They would not be for me. Alex

Comment

Pretty common old fakes, I assume the skulls are bad too as they usually did not pair these with originals.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        Pretty common old fakes
        Agree but I want give a chance to those skulls.
        Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

As a matter of interest, in recent relatively intene research of these I have seen some Totenkopf like these on tabs that were much more likely to be original. Incidentally, they also look to me somewhat like the TKs on the Guderian Panzer Wrapper in the Panzer Museum in Munster (Germany).

I am also attaching some pictures I took in that museum in 2008 to compare with the ones shown below. These skulls of course have also been questioned, and are completely bear of their silver finish...perhaps worn off as the ones put up elow are wearing over time..

This is not my traditional area of collecting and consider myself to be learning these but IMO the TK here are certainly worthy of closer scrutiny as Luca says, compared to the cloth tabs in the pics you put up. Just my 2 cents.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Steve P; 05-20-2010, 05:00 AM.
          Cheers, Steve
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Guderian Pz Wrapper TKs 2.
            Attached Files
            Cheers, Steve
            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Guderian Pz Wrapper TKs 3.
              Attached Files
              Cheers, Steve

Comment

Guderian Pz Wrapper TKs 4.
                Attached Files
                Cheers, Steve

Comment

Rick, here are the pictures of the ones from photobucket (resized) that you weren't able to upload.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Steve P; 05-20-2010, 05:01 AM.
                  Cheers, Steve

Comment

Attached Files
                    Cheers, Steve

Comment

Attached Files
                      Cheers, Steve

Comment

Attached Files
                        Cheers, Steve

Comment

I do not have a problem with these buntmetall Panzer skulls.

The Panzerwaffe could obtain such skulls in the period 1935 to 1940 and I have one brought back from Africa by a New Zealand soldier.

In the early period 1935 to 36 was this not all the Panzerwaffe could get i.e. silvered buntmetall examples followed closely by aluminum examples ?

Chris

p.s. Steve P, will be in touch soon about the late war skulls

Comment

The skulls are fine. The tabs in both cases are fake. I noticed that the Guderian wrap had fakes tabs on it back when I first saw photos of it. Not unusual that skull tabs were removed from any uniform. This happens in museum setting quite frequently.

Richard

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies.

I bought these for 80 dollars a few months back when I first started collecting. As long as the Skulls are fine. Then I am OK. You would think that the pink piping or the white cord would glow under a black light. But nothing at all glows.

I appreciate the posts. I will check back.

Rick
                              Last edited by groserm; 05-20-2010, 08:56 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X