Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hbt vest for comments

hi

i d like to hear your thoughts regarding this vest ...
    imo it is ok (excluding the shoulder straps)

any idea of value ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunic!
        If the insignas are period applied and without boards, I would say 850 euros...

Comment

The "T" depot is a very rare stamp. I do not know what it is, DJpool in his thread on depots thought it may be for Thorn (Toruń).

Does anyone have any other info?

Comment

nice

Comment

amazed!this item looked like an s &m militaria us hbt fake with adjusted breast pockets from the 'wrong luft cut corners' to regular rectangualr ones...is that really 88cms chest?looks bigger.

Comment

I see what you're saying, the pocket corners are not properly squared...not are the pocket flaps...
                somewhat rounded here...So just sloppy tailoring as its mass produced?
                (luftwaffe would of course have angled pocket corners)

What got me initially excited is the ink stamp...I trust these purple stamps way more that white ones...
                The brand spanking new condition is somewhat suspect but not unheard of!
                More opinions out there?

Comment

Nick,

A good start point with any HBT is a good photo of the inside weave.

Does it have chest darts?

Also are the lower pockets the bellow style?

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
                    Nick,

A good start point with any HBT is a good photo of the inside weave.

Does it have chest darts?

Also are the lower pockets the bellow style?
                    Agreed!
                    Those critical traits make or break a uniform when it come to authnticating a piece! Pockets actually don't look bellowed...
                    and inside weave herringbone pattern is perhaps too pronounced after all?
                    Any detail images available Lothringen? (like chest darts area)

Comment

Hi Nick,

My apologies, i thought you had posted the tunic.I was pointing my comments at the wrong person.

As for the pocket rounding and such, I find HBt tunics to be among the more cruder mass produced tunics.I dont see anything out of the norm at the moment.If you check enough tunics and threads on here youll find a wide range of deviations in the fine details of these tunics.For example ,Pocket flaps that differ in height from left pocket to right pocket, visble curvature differences of straight edges, etc, etc,

I think the tunic does have bellow/ saddlebag style lower pockets with expanding sides but they are sitting very flat as the tunic is in mint unused condition.There is enough edge overlap/lift to indicate that.

Lothringen,

The devils in the details and you really need to provide some of the detail areas.

Certainly a liner shot is mandatory.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X