Afternoon delight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon delight!

Well gents, it was a fruitful afternoon at my little establishment. The nephew of an WWII 11th division vet brought me in a box of goodies, some of which I've quickly snapped a few photos of. The highlights are an original Hermann Goering cuff title, cut from a tunic, a tunic-removed SS bird, Panzer skull, WH back-marked Luftwaffe Flak badge, General Assault badge, DAF belt w/ buckle, SD Wehrmacht M40 helmet, Deaths-head ring (well worn, I might add), and various sundry other goodies. Needless to say, my day was quickly made!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 05-06-2010, 06:31 PM.

Very nice indeed!

Tom

Comment

Belt and buckle...SS sleeve patch and Death's head ring.
      Attached Files

Comment

Helmet...LOTS of dust, just the way we like 'em! Has a full pigskin liner and is named on the skirt to a Gefreiter.
        Attached Files

Comment

cool man, great score! love the cufftitle and eagle cut off.

Comment

Excellent find, all nice stuff...congratulations!

Comment

Thanks gents! Appreciate your comments. The party pin is interesting also, it's got a sort of an "L" attachment that I've not seen before. Also, it's back-marked "Gesetzlich Gesch Zeugmeisterei Oesterr." (patent protected, equipage ministry, Austria) I'm not sure if this is strictly an Austrian variant, or simply a very early variant party badge, but it's larger than the standard one, and the backing is clearly different than the button-hole or pin back variety most of us are used to encountering. I'll try and post some other pix tomorrow. Also, the SS sleeve bird appears to be a flat-wire example.

Comment

Vet Find

Hi Milton,
                What a super find! I love that helmet and cufftitle.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

That vet had a great eye for souvenirs.

Comment

very nice haul. i think the army boird is removed from a waffenrock.

Comment

Could well have been. Has quite a few pieces of the original thread left on the edges. The only "un-used" piece of cloth is the cap trapezoid, and the only piece that shows any considerable moth damage is (sadly, though), the police sleeve bird. Thanks for your comments!

Comment

What a remarkable collection. You are truly lucky to have been in the right place at the right time. I am green with envy .

Tim

Comment

Thanks gents. Yes, sometimes that's all it comes down to, isn't it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X