Converted Dutch Off. tunic, cavalry??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted Dutch Off. tunic, cavalry??

I recently got this Dutch officers tunic. It's converted to a NCO/Uffz. The shoulderboards looks like converted Luftwaffe boards. The uffz litze around the collar is probably made of Dutch (colonial troops) material.
    There's a ghost of a Wehrmacht eagle above the right brestpocket.

Could this be a former cavalry od pz. recon. tunic?

Regards,

Erwin
    Attached Files

shoulderboards
    Attached Files

Comment

collar
      Attached Files

Comment

backside s.boards
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello
          Does look like a nice and interesting tunic . Interesting tresses as well. The boards are original, maybe they were simply "re-used" by addition of a dark green wool piece on top. Looks like someone as some point try to restore it already , the shadow of either OFF collar tabs ( maybe elite ?) and WH ones , does raise the question about when the tresses where in fact sewn on the collar. A good candidate for a proper restoration IMO.
          Regards
          P-Y

Comment

Super jasje Erwin!

Comment

Hello P-Y,

Thanks. The former owner who is a good friend of my gave me this tunic. He owned it for more than 20 years. He indeed putted SS collar tabs on it because he acted together with me as an supernumerary in Verhoevens Black Book!! (spring 2005) That explaines the SS collar tabs ghosts.
              The tresses are original to the collar. And indeed as you stated, this jacket has "recycled" luftwaffe boards with a dark green wool piece on top. Seems like a "budget" Uffz jacket.

Regards,

Erwin

Comment

This tunic was in "Black Book"? How many other extras wore their own collection on the set? At what point in the movie can we see the two of you?

Gene T

Comment

I will dig in my photo's archive to see what i can find!

Comment

Very nice and great to see another one! I have one of these conversions aswell.
                    kapitein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X