PJ boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ boards

Was looking for opinions on these PJ boards. Did the numbered boards come after this type or before? or was it just up to the unit? Were these boards only worn on M36 Tunics? Thanks, Tony
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Panzerjaeger

As best I can tell from the pictures they look fine. "Supposedly" the wearing of numbers was to stop in the early part of the war and existing numbers were to be picked out. This regulation was not evenly applied, or followed. I have pairs of M-40 straps that have chain stitched numbers on them.

Your straps would be for the M-36; but, you will find them being worn throughout the war and on different models of tunics. I think they actually pre-date the M-36. Only my own term, I refer to them as first model Feldbluse straps.

They are very nice congratulations!

Comment

thanks

Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
            I refer to them as first model Feldbluse straps.
            They're indeed the first pattern of the M33 Feldbluse. They came in Feldgrau in 1933/1934, in Dark Feldgrau in 1934/1935 and finally in dark green between 1935 and 1938...nice pair...

Comment

I agree, they look like a great pair of straps to me.

Comment

Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 31

Here is an example made with the dark green badge cloth. This represents Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 31 of the 31. Infanterie Division.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm curious was the chain stitching done by hand or did they have a sewing machine that did chain stitching? I was shown how to do hand chain stitching by my uboat vet Edgar. He earned his master tailors certificate after the war when he was released from the POW camp.

Comment

here are my darkgreen ones without number
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X