• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Officer Uniform on e-Stand

Everyone,

A little discussion may be in order on this sale:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=432646

First of all, from what I can tell from the photos, the pants appear to be steingrau Heer dress pants for Infantry. Not Luftwaffe.

Also, though the ad says there is an aguillette, it does not appear anywhere in the photos.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

I would say without question the pants are tailor made Infantry Army dress trousers. I do not collect LW but the eagle to me looks odd but so did Don Knots and I guess he was okay.

Comment

I wondered the same thing about the pants that the Johnny R stated. However, being new in this forum, and not knowlegable enough on Luft uniforms to have stated that was an impossibility, I was hesitant to speck up. Lesson learned.
      Last edited by Gdeutschland39; 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure they are Heer trousers.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          Pretty sure they are Heer trousers.

Don
          Im not sure they are heer's.It was bought together and this is the same colour like a jacket,even the clips are blue not grey.
          Maby I have problem with my eyes.

Regards Jarek

Comment

In the last picture shown in post # 1, I can see the color difference. Some people cannot distinguish light shades and colors, we all see things as slightly differently. To me, the jacket is more blue and the pants slate grey.

Comment

John is right.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Also, I am not aware of any LW units thaat used white piping on their trousers - maybe HG units did early one, but the fabric would have been LW bluse and not stone gray. I have several pairs of Heer trousers with blued clips.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X