Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generals tabs and boards

Hi Guys

What do you think of these? The tabs look pretty good to me when compared against originals posted? I believe they are celleon . The boards seem to have 2 pips removed each and are on a maroon backing- judiciary?

Does this set look legit?

many thanks for the help

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

///
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone collect Generals insignia who may be able to give me an idea on whether these are good or bad?

Comment

Patrick,

They look rather sub standard to me. The embroidery on the tabs is not very good, poor formation of some parts. The braid on the boards overlaps the outside of the base, something I have never seen on original boards. The braids are also coiled very loosely. They are fakes in my opinion...or made in the last few minutes of the war.

Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard for the opinion- looks like these may have to go back. I was pretty sure the boards must be bad but thought the tabs look better- are they an original pattern?

Comment

generals insignia

They may be original German, but just not TR period as Richard has pointed out the quality just is not there. Maybe 50's or 60's period? Alex

Comment

They are Former East German tabs and boards... These pop up all the time as original late war WW2...Post them over on the East German forum and they'll confirm.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! its very much appreciated. I will send these back. I didn't think they were fake so that explains it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X