DAK generals uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK generals uniform

Back when i was a kid I used to go to a regular auction that was held in the basement of a army navy store in Waltham MA. One time they had a completet german generals uniform to auction. It was named to a well known DAK general, Iit was either Von Thoma or Von Arnim(sp). My buddy and I had pooled our money in hopes we might get it, a total of about $130. He had the $100 I ahd $30 or so to lend him. Of course we weren't even close. The bidding was between a guy in the crowd and the family of the general in Germany. The bidding went to $1500 or so. The local guy was the winner. The guy who put it up for auction was the vet who brought it back. A lot of neat things went through that auction place!

Here is the question, anybody out there remember this? Know where it is now? Thanks Rich

Hi,I live in Mass.Do you mean Harold Kellys Auction in Woburn?I was too young to ever go to these auctions but some of my friends went regularly I will see if anyone remembers.Jay Parisi

zeppelin57@comcast.net

Comment

Jay it was definatly in Waltham, on Moody street. Lots of good stuff went through there, dewat MG's lots of feild gear helmets tunics etc. Rich

Comment

Rich,Im not familiar with the one in Waltham but will ask some of the Old Timers I know.Jay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X