Reserve Hauptmann Waffenrock Infanterie-Regiment 119

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserve Hauptmann Waffenrock Infanterie-Regiment 119

Another one I took out for better images during Spring cleaning. I was going to sell this one but also decided I like to too much to let go
    Attached Files

Board and Eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

Tabs and Side
      Attached Files

Comment

Fine looking waffenrock any tailor or name tags?

Comment

No, no tags or names.

Comment

Painfull

It is paimful to see as it was in my closet for years. I guess I need to think it was sold to get some special pioneer stuff. The quality of the cloth is superb.

congratulations

Juan

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
              Painfull

It is paimful to see as it was in my closet for years. I guess I need to think it was sold to get some special pioneer stuff. The quality of the cloth is superb.

congratulations

Juan

It only lives up the river and seems content with its friends. The loops are wide and are for an IAB which means he disregarded the order to change insingia in 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                It only lives up the river and seems content with its friends. The loops are wide and are for an IAB which means he disregarded the order to change insingia in 1939.

Hi John,

Can you elaborate on the 1939 order to change, as I am interested in learning.

Thanks,
                Jeff

Comment

There are some "ifs" here but:

According to Lexicon, the 119th did not serve in Poland but was in Reserve-

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nter/IR119.htm

The gray bases were to be removed from boards and Reserve officers were to wear the same insignia as active duty officers after 7 Sept. 1939.

The lower loops on the tunic, if real are very wide and will not take a sports badge or a wound badge etc. but an IAB fits perfectly. The first time the unit was in Combat was for the invasion of France in May 1940.

So if this is correct the Reserve boards were worn as late as the Summer of 1940 etc. Not a paradigm shift but interesting to see regulations were disregarded or were not circulated widely etc.

Comment

Great looking tunic. John if you ever get the urge to sell again, please keep me in mind. Jacques

Comment

OK Jacques, What happened to the land?

Comment

Originally posted by teutonen(Jeff) View Post
                        OK Jacques, What happened to the land?
                        Jeff, very funny. Maybe when the tunic comes up for sale, the land would be paid for Jacques
                        Last edited by jacquesf; 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

John,
                          Thats a very nice tunic..I really like the reserve boards and agree its nice to see another example tunic mounted still despite regulations.
                          Looks great!!

Joe

Comment

Eagle

Great uniform John. That particular style of breast eagle is one of my favorites!

Shawn

Comment

Great Uniform, Did the EK I and Infantry Assualt Badge come with it?
                              Regards
                              John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X