Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of this Tunic and Visor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of this Tunic and Visor???

I'm considering purchasing this set. Obviously the visor is missing the cap eagle, but I can replace that. Do these look good to you guys? I had a look in my books and cannot find an exact match, but the books can only show so many examples.

Thoughts??

Hello
    Both original . The tunic is really nice , the rank on the name tag does not match the rank on the shoulder boards , apart from that it does look like a tunic I would definitely purchase , buttons and unit # do match .
    Do you have any pictures of the insignia ? .
    Regards
    P-Y

Comment

The tunic is a Reichswehr carry-over in moleskin , modified for Wehrmacht use with period added Werhmacht style M36 dark green collar and a very early Heer breast insignia. The unit markings are also RW period. Nice piece.

I have a twin but mine retains the RW collar matching, the uniform cloth. The cap is also original, but not transitional,
      as it has a dark green band, so early wehrmacht period, an older style teller shape.

Comment

He didnt I see that on............ Billbert

Comment

I like the numbered shoulder strap buttons and early pointed shoulder straps. Nice representative piece. Jacques

Comment

Great uniform and this is interesting too in that it suggests these old RH summer type tunics may have been issued by units or the units gave/sold old tunics for use. These are seen fairly often but are in a "grey area" as to if they were issued or private purchase of surplus?

Comment

Thanks for all the GREAT, and FAST feedback guys! I wish the books were more thorough because if it wasn't for the feedback from you guys I likely would have passed on this (for lack of info), but I just closed the deal!

So can anyone tell me anything about where this guy may have severed, or what he may have been involved in, based on the uniform insignia? Also, would this have been the tunic he wore in battle? From the dirt it appears it may.

Comment

Here is the unit history. The ribbon dates to 1939 so it was most likely worn during the War and in the field during hot weather etc.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...enter/IR62.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
                  Hello
                  Both original . The tunic is really nice , the rank on the name tag does not match the rank on the shoulder boards , apart from that it does look like a tunic I would definitely purchase , buttons and unit # do match .
                  Do you have any pictures of the insignia ? .
                  Regards
                  P-Y
                  P-Y, I didn't even notice the name tag inside the tunic until I re-read your post. I glanced over it assuming it was a maker label, but this thing is named to Unteroffizier Franz Bauer, is that correct?? Does that increase the value?

Also, you mentioned there is a descrepancy between the rank on the tag, and the rank on the shoulder boards. Aren't the shoulder boards NCO, which (in my limited knowledge) is Unteroffizier?

Once I receive the tunic I will take some more photos of the insignia and post here.

Comment

Franz Bauer was an Unteroffizier when he received the tunic - he probably was promoted to Feldwebel and then to Oberfeldwebel (the current rank on the straps). Nothing wrong with that – Great tunic!

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                      P-Y, I didn't even notice the name tag inside the tunic until I re-read your post. I glanced over it assuming it was a maker label, but this thing is named to Unteroffizier Franz Bauer, is that correct?? Does that increase the value?

Also, you mentioned there is a descrepancy between the rank on the tag, and the rank on the shoulder boards. Aren't the shoulder boards NCO, which (in my limited knowledge) is Unteroffizier?

Once I receive the tunic I will take some more photos of the insignia and post here.
                      Really nice items. Yes, having the name tag does help increase value to most collectors. Always nice to have a personalized item. Being to an MG unit is extra nice ;~)

The name tag is listed as an Unteroffizier and straps are for an Oberfeldwebel which I find perfectly fine as he was just increased in rank since name tag was put in tunic.

Again, real nice set I would be happy to own.

Best wishes,
                      Richard

Comment

Here are a couple more photos. The matches were in the tunic pocket according to the previous owner.

Question for y'all...

Obviously I'm not interested in selling either of these pieces since I purchased them for my private collection, but I'm having trouble finding anything to compare the tunic to for valuation. Any thoughts on retail value of this thing?

Comment

There are other ones around, they usually sell for less than wool tunics and in the same range as other light weight field tunics. Yours has more whistles and bells and has more value etc. This is one made of the RH material that is heavily sun faded.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what this tunic might be worth retail? I'm not looking to sell, but do need to know for insurance purposes if nothing else. What price would you expect to see on this at a show?

Comment

I received the tunic and visor today and it's awesome! Here are some more shots.

Question... Is this visor cap a match for the tunic? The previous owner has no clue whether since he inherited these from his father, who received them from a friend, and since all involved have passed away getting the true history is impossible.

Last edited by dzyner; 04-26-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X