Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richthofen cufftitle opinions

Gents,

a couple of years ago I bought a bunch of stuff including a LW four pocket tunic. With it came this Richthofen cufftitle. The tunic has been sold since but I kept the cuffband, but never knew if it was real in the first place (I presumed not by the way). Because it is not my main area of interest I never took the time to find out until now. The band has a black backing along the entire lenght and nothing glows under blacklight. So is this the real deal or are my gut feelings justified? Thanks!

Hi,

Although I do not see anything that jumps out on this CT as being bad I would wait for those more versed in CTs to comment.

I believe that is a rare version of the Richthofen CT. The plain version, without russia braid, was a traditions CT given to members of the Richthofen squadron (I can not recall what the original unit name was). The version with the braid was for those members who had served in the original WWI Richthofen squadron. It was worn for a very limited time before being discontinued and eventually replaced by the CT with the "Jadgeschwader Richthofen 1917/18" wording.

Gary B
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Looks legit!

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. The band came with a well worn tunic of a flight Oberfeldwebel who was well decorated judging by the many medal loops and could have been a WW1 veteran. But because the cuffband was placed on the wrong arm I figured this might have been done at a later date to improve the tunic, and therefore I didn't assume the band to be real. But the source was good so I gave it a try. Any further opinions?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X