unissued infantry boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unissued infantry boards

I recently got this grouping of boards in from a recent tailor shop find. 12 pairs of unissued boards that were in their original wrappings. Ten pairs, and then 2 pairs in the remainder of its paper wrapping plus some cav tape tongue ones. I though that was pretty cool.
    Also what is interesting is that late in the war there is a lot of variation in the materials used. There are several different wools and not all the boards are exact matches to the other. They used what they had and did not care about what we collectors call "matched pairs". The pairs were mixed in that there were some tape tongue and regular pairs in the wrapping together. Also note the different tape tongue materials used, all different shades. I just thought this was neat.
    Attached Files

tape tongues...different shades
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, that is what one would expect to see on boards from this period. I like the selection of strap materials on the reverse. Congratulations,

Richard

Comment

Straps

Great post Jerry!

Comment

Very nice find

Jens

Comment

About 2 or 3 years ago there was another batch just like this which was broken up and offered. An Ebay seller had them for $75 a pair and recently I saw someone offering them for twice that.

Comment

What a nice and desiderable grouping
              Luca
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X