6th army Stalingrad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th army Stalingrad?

Does anyone have any pics of the uniform that a 6th army soilder would have worn in Stalingrad? Really i would like to see as many examples as possible like a dress or parade uniform. What i would like to see is any shoulder boards of distenctive items that they would have worn. Been thinking about adding a set of shoulder boards to my collection figured that a set from 6th army would be cool considering there history. Now i am sure since i want them they are rare and hard to get rite?

Just a simple search:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...lingrad&page=3

Comment

This tunic with a 1940 date probably was at Stalingrad and may have been worn there. He was wounded and left before the end only to be killed in Salerno shortly afterwards. Private purchase items were returned to the family and picked up during the War by Allied soldiers out of houses etc. This jacket was from the estate of a US Officer and I suspect was found/taken in Italy.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=366433

Comment

this Panzer-Waffenrock belonged to a soldier, who was killed at Stalingrad. At the moment I am restoring it (Many thanks to Glen and Cris):
        Attached Files
        Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 04-21-2010, 11:17 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Here is two Stalingrad soldiers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics guys thats what i wanted to see. I saw some shoulder boards for sale on line and they had a cross with stalingrad on it. They said they for a unit that was what was left over of the units that were in Stalingrad. I liked them myself just wanted to make sure they were real and not post war. I am a new collector and got burned on my first buy a unfortunitly for me i like everything so i have decided to become my own expert by learning all i can. My best learning tool so far has been rite here on the forum and i thank all you guys who have been so happy to help.

Comment

Blitz,

You may be best to post them for review here before buying. The cross itself is very tricky as most are fake.

Here is a history of the unit http://www.feldgrau.com/InfDiv.php?ID=40
              Joe

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe002us View Post
                Blitz,

You may be best to post them for review here before buying. The cross itself is very tricky as most are fake.

Here is a history of the unit http://www.feldgrau.com/InfDiv.php?ID=40
                Joe
                Good advice. Jacques

Comment

I would not place the Stalingrad Cross boards onto this tunic anyway, if you are trying restore it. In my opinion, it would be creating something that never existed(as this guy was killed in Stalingrad).

I would feel that a basic set of panzer waffenrock straps and tabs would be the best fit.

How do you know that this guy was killed in Stalingrad? Is the tunic named or did you get it from a family member?

Is there any evidence of NCO tress or grefeiter chevrons?

Nice looking tunic!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                    I would not place the Stalingrad Cross boards onto this tunic anyway, if you are trying restore it. In my opinion, it would be creating something that never existed(as this guy was killed in Stalingrad).

I would feel that a basic set of panzer waffenrock straps and tabs would be the best fit.

How do you know that this guy was killed in Stalingrad? Is the tunic named or did you get it from a family member?

Is there any evidence of NCO tress or grefeiter chevrons?

Nice looking tunic!
                    I suppose you mean my Waffenrock? It was never my intention to add a Stalingrad Cross - I think you have mixed the statements.
                    I bought this tunic at German ebay and did some research - it is very easy for a native speaker. I hoped to find some pictures as well. Relatives of this man still live in Erfurt, but according to German laws officials are not allowed to provide you their contact data- its a pitty.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Was ther a real board with that cross on it issued after the battle. I hope so because i dont want to think anouther trusted dealer of mine is selling crap. I understand that no one would have worn those boards in Stalingrad because they were adopted after the battle with what was left of the units that were there. I think they look cool and would just like to have a set to put in a display but not if they are fake thanks guys you may of just saved me from being burned again.

Comment

Yes there are real boards issued after the reformation of the 44th. There was even a cufftitle authorized with the proper name of the division. Hoch- und Deutschmeister.

Again no real way to tell without photos, as real insignia of this type is very far and few between.

This is definately the right place to find some folks with knowledge in the crosses. Any photos?

In regard to dealers, remember most are in it for the money.
                          With some the hobby does come first, money second.

There are some good ones as well but remember they are only human and all shall make mistakes from time to time. Dont hesitate to ask questions.. alot of them if needed

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                            Here is two Stalingrad soldiers.
                            Pretty "salty" "been-there" look

Comment

Good advice Joe i am a very new collector and got burned on my first show buy this year. So i am as nervous as they come about buying anything. I allmost gave up completly on 3r stuff and just stuck with US stuff. Without help from guys like you i would give up i just cant afford to spend money on crap. I figured these boards would be rare and this dealer has to pairs i think. That is scary to me to have 2 sets of rare boards that are priced less than other ones on there site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X