New SS Officer's Belt Buckle reproduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SS Officer's Belt Buckle reproduction

In the Ulric of England book called Collecting Buckles of the Third Reich (A Russian Perspective), there is a new reproduction SS Officer's belt buckle that is so well made that it will fool 90% of collectors out there. When I saw it, I was amazed at the attention to detail that the forgers had. I have several real SS Officer's belt buckles, so I see the subtle differences, but other than that, this repro is the closest that I've ever seen.

Yuri

Fakes from East Europe

These fakes are made since late 1997, and include so far for SS Officers markings RZM 36/39 OLC SS (widely sold) and RZM 36/40 OLC SS (restricted sale).
    The EM versions include RZM 822/37 SS, RZM 822/38 SS, RZM 36/40 SS and RZM 155/39 SS.
    All the above are already known, analysed and compared with originals since October 2000 (more recently for the Off 36/40 and EM 155/39), but does not mean other markings have not been reproduced. Once you know the very easy differences between any original and it's cast copy you will never be fooled again. At least size remains the major difference not changed yet by fakers.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Test
      Last edited by Yuri Desyatnik; 04-27-2002, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Never saw a buckle marked like that before.

Comment

Yuri,

It is an early SS Officer buckle made by Overhoff in Nickel Silver (Neusilber) before the RZM period (so before 1934).
          Another variant has just a RZM logo added to the catch. It was just left overs of the same buckle as above re-stamped with the RZM logo without number to comply with state taxes during the first days of the RZM. Later production from Overhoff during full RZM period changed marking to RZM 24 and at this time the Overhoff trademark diseapeared completely from their buckles.

NOTE: If you want to sell this buckle, I am willing to buy it. My email is jpredeu@videotron.ca
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Of course it is not a fake and in such it would be a shame to leave it posted in this section (reproduction).
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Jean,

Thank you for the opinion on the buckle. You are known to be an expert and it is good to hear another knowledgeable confirmation of its authenticity. I had waited 13 years to get one of these early nickel SS Officer bucles, and will probably never part with it. But thank you for the offer.

Yuri

Comment

You're welcome Yuri.
                Keep it safe as, if early Overhoff SS Buckles for EM are the most common ones, Officer's marked that way are one of the scarcest.
                Very good find !!!
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X