M43 in my collcetion for some time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
    Agreed...I would not own that TDB either.

John
    Guys, for clarity, are you saying its a fake 1957 badge or did you miss reading that part earlier?

Comment

wow - thats interesting! The collar tabs and the Krim were the two that I was certain were original to the tunic. I cant find any ghost shadows or thread holes on the collar tabs so I was certain that they were original. The wool on the Krim is almost "imbedded" with the shoulder sleve. It has the characteristics similar to what happens on American WW1 tunics over time as the woll from a patch and the woll from the tunic seem to blend - if that makes any sense. The eagle I was pretty certain was reapplied - but then I cent seem to find any ghosting there either...
      but you all know more than I do - its my only German unifrom in the collection as I guess I got snowed on it - as for the TDB - it is a 1957 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        I don't like the Tank Destruction award and the collar tabs look to be reapplied as with the eagle.

Bob Hritz
        I agree with Bob, IMO all insignias are replaced and the TDB is not wartime period. Could be Austrian 70's postwar made.

Comment

Yes,looking at it again it does appear that the collar tabs are replaced (not a bad job)

Anyway,here is one that I guarantee is untouched,from the same maker and date (E-43)

Glenn
          Attached Files
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Well - its good to know - the dealer I got it from turned out to be one of the biggest crooks years later - but I liked the tunic so I kept it...

Once again the TDB was purchased from Detlev Niemann several years ago as a 1957 piece - its not original, pre 1945 and I never meant it to be - I applied that one myslef but only after seeing the ghost of the original and the glue residue from the original that was there. At the time (7 years ago now) it was the closest I could come at the time it was meant to be a "representation" only = nothing more...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X