Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generalmajor Tunic, KC with oaks holder

Hello,

Here's a tunic that's supposedly after the name tag belonged to Generalmajor Karl Koetz.

What do you think about it?

koetz.jpg

koetz2.jpg

[ATTACH]1471358[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1471359[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1471362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1471363[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1471364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1471365[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1471366[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just my opinion but I would say we have another reworked generals. I don’t like the way the nametag is sewn in nor do you commonly see the date and rank fully spelled out. Not to mention the date is 1944 yet the materials and cut (5-button front) are more indicative of an early pre 1940 tunic. The tailor tag on the outside of the pocked also looks to be resewn. I would bet $100 that tunic was made in the late 1930's at best. No way IMHO in 1944.

Comment

See comments on the visor that comes with it.

Comment

Thank you very much Nick, it must have been to good to be true.
                Generals tunic, KC with oaks holder for 3500GPB

Comment

So this tunic could have been a perfectly fine General's tunic, and then some smart ass named it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
                    So this tunic could have been a perfectly fine General's tunic, and then some smart ass named it?
                    In my personal opinion no. If that is what happened then I would say that a professional criminal altered an original tunic in an attempt to commit felony fraud.

Comment

Koetz rear

Hi there, here is the back of the jacket. What seems curious is the lack of a split. Is that a definite disqualifier? Cheers, W
                      Attached Files

Comment

Johny

Hi Johny, isn't selling a fake/tampered tunic as genuine not the same felony as inserting a bogus name tag. I prefer an orginal tunic with a bogus name tag over one that has the right name tag but is completely upgraded to something it never was. Cheers, W

Comment

split

Hmmm, the photo of the back of the tunic does not display a split but if I look at one of Jon-Olav his pics (the one where the inside of the tunic is displayed while it is laying on the ground) there does appear to be a split. In any case, is it possible for a German WWII tunic such as this one to be without a split? Cheers, W

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                            Hi Johny, isn't selling a fake/tampered tunic as genuine not the same felony as inserting a bogus name tag. I prefer an orginal tunic with a bogus name tag over one that has the right name tag but is completely upgraded to something it never was. Cheers, W
                            In both cases it is fraud, here Im refering to people that are adding name tags to increase the selling prices of tunics by several thousand dollars etc. They also are destroying historical objects etc. whcih IMO is also a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              In both cases it is fraud, here Im refering to people that are adding name tags to increase the selling prices of tunics by several thousand dollars etc. They also are destroying historical objects etc. whcih IMO is also a crime.
                              Totally agree with you Johnny,this dealer is not a bad guy and i dealt with him many times, never any problems also i dont see any fakes on his site,really not sure what happened this time,perhaps lock of knowledge,the whole set ot this General uniform is bad,perhaps someone knows him very well and can let him know about it.

kind regards,

Eddie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X