Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edelweiss Cap badge variants

Hi,
    Would anybody be able to post me the link to an old thread that featured some variations to the Edelweiss cap badge. I have tried all manner of searchs but no luck and I do know that there was such a thread some time back. Thanks.

Phil

Until you find the thread, here are mine which are not sewn on.

top row zink, bottom row aluminium

KB 42, KB 42, GB 41

Comment

Cant find the link but here are some pics of my collection

Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nick,
        Still cant find the thread but what you sent me will do nicely...many thanks.

Phil

Comment

Nick,
          Have you ever seen or heard of an edelweiss metal cap badge stamped F&B. Just purchased one, dont have it yet but will post when it arrives. I found one link to an F&B but no info on it. I thought maybe some of the guys here who collect these items would know a bit more about it than me. Thanks.

Phil

Comment

If the stem is bent its postwar holes are different also on postwar.. f and b made post war items usually a shiney bright colr too if I remember correctly..dont remember if F and b also made ww2 ones.. Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
              Nick,
              Have you ever seen or heard of an edelweiss metal cap badge stamped F&B. Just purchased one, dont have it yet but will post when it arrives. I found one link to an F&B but no info on it. I thought maybe some of the guys here who collect these items would know a bit more about it than me. Thanks.

Phil

Phil,

I have one marked F&B L in aluminum; is that one you're asking about?
              Tim
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Tim,

Yep thats the one...didnt see the L. Mate you are a man of many talents. Didnt know you were into these things as well. Just purchased this one..still in the mail but what do you think.

Phil
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Phil,

Looks correct IMO. A couple of holes might not be drilled out as much, but it could be an unissued piece. I like it!
                  Tim

Comment

Hi Phil

Indeed thats a good one

Nick

Comment

Thanks Guys...look forward to receiving it.

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X