Euro/DM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro/DM question

Question for German Members. Is 11.000Euros/21.000DM a good chunk of change over there to pay for a piece of militaria? Sometimes I have difficulty in contemplating the relative standards of living from one continent to another. I know how long I have work to accumulate $15,000 to buy an object, but is that 'chump change' so to speak over in Europe? Strange question I know.

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    Question for German Members. Is 11.000Euros/21.000DM a good chunk of change over there to pay for a piece of militaria? Sometimes I have difficulty in contemplating the relative standards of living from one continent to another. I know how long I have work to accumulate $15,000 to buy an object, but is that 'chump change' so to speak over in Europe? Strange question I know.

Why do you want to know this? They don't pay in DM anymore in Germany, they pay in Euro's or am I missing something in your question?

Günther

Comment

1 Euro = 1,95583 D-Mark
      11.000 Euro = 21.514,13 D-Mark

So gladly many German DM would get back but you cannot pay with D-Mark anymore!

Cheers,
      steiner99

Comment

The average german employe gets something around 33.000 euros payment a year which then where reduced by several nasty things like taxes, unempolyment- and healthinsurance. Something between 60 and 80 % should be left over to live your life. So you can see that 11.000 is a lot of money for most people over here. At the other hand a hell lot of people can afford to buy Porsche sportscars for 100.000 + Euros ...

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X