Help with this Kriegsmarine Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with this Kriegsmarine Uniform

I purchased this uniform a number of years ago from a friend who bought it at one of the larger militaria shows. The white spots in the first photo are from my camera. The white tag with measurements is attached to the jumper. I am considering selling it but wanted to make sure all components are original. All help is appreciated. Please let me know if additional pics are needed.

Are their belt loops on the trousers or is there a wedge shaped split in the back of the waist band and laceing strings?

Comment

There are no belt loops. Here are two more photos of the pants. Also, I forgot to ask what a fair price would be for this set. Thanks Again!

Comment

Hi, my pair of km trousers similar to these have friction buckles.

Jerry

Comment

I've added two photos of the pants. Does the breast eagle look good?

Comment

The eagle is text book, very good example. I have no problems with the 'jumper', I no nothing about the white top or the neck wear. I like the trousers, because they have the 'funny' buttons, same as my pair, which have an Rbnr stamp on the waist band and size stamps.

Jerry

Comment

Reguarding the black silk, there is only one way to find out if it is a war time one or post war and that is to un-tie it and open it up flat. If it is square it's war time, if just a triangle then it's post war bundy. BUT!!! they are a bugger to re-tie. I have a diagram that shows how to re-tie the ww2 silk. My KM uboot vet Edgar said once he tied his silk he never untied the knot again because it was so hard to tie the first time and get the stripe correctly diagonally across the knot

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. Pzrwest, thanks for the tip regarding the tie. It is wrapped really tightly and I'd rather not unwrap it as I know I will never get it to look that way again! Can anyone tell me what this uniform is worth? If I decide to list it on the forum, what would a fair price be?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X