Wachtmantel - "factory fur lined" - unworn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachtmantel - "factory fur lined" - unworn

Hello Guys...would like to sell this overcoat on our e-stand...it is a fur-lined mod 42 (if I'm not wrong) unworn..condition is excellent with no moth holes...repo shoulder boards and original buttons are been added later as the coat was been found without...suggestions and opinions (also about a fair market value) would be, as usual, welcome...

thanks to all for your time

Ale
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alessio cammelli; 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's not M 42 ! it is wachtmantel . M42 overcoat have not breast pockets !

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                It's not M 42 ! it is wachtmantel . M42 overcoat have not breast pockets !
                Thanks for the input
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it's a sentry guards coat. As far as value it goes in order of lining. First the blanket lined coats (most valuable), second pelt lined (bear fur , elk, lambs wool)(mid range money) and last is the rabbet fur lined coats like yours(least interest). These coats are not very popular amongst collectors because they are too heavy and cumbersome. I just sold a super nice unissued sentry coat that was blanket lined, and bottle green collar on the e-stand for $475.00 shipped (which means I really got 450) even then the buyer was the only one who even expressed interest. I love these coats personally but they are impractical for collectors.

That being said, ... nice coat

Comment

I agree that these are just so heavy and cumbersome that they are not practical. Peronally I won't buy fur coats or fur lined coats as the fur becomes very delicate and fragile over time and it is just a conservation and storage hassle I don't want to deal with. You can't put it on a hanger, it has to be stored flat or on a mannequin that can support the weight, often the fur will shed, etc.

Comment

Chris and Norman...thanks a lot for your posts and comments...

Alessio

Comment

I would disagree. Rabbit fur lined examples are my favorite and I would pay a premium for one in excellent condition ( I have). What difference does weight, etc. have to a collector of German uniforms? I guess different strokes for different folks.

Comment

in a nutshell, well handsome coat!

Comment

Another thread from a near identical coat:
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=368383

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
                              I would disagree. Rabbit fur lined examples are my favorite and I would pay a premium for one in excellent condition ( I have). What difference does weight, etc. have to a collector of German uniforms? I guess different strokes for different folks.
                              ....thanks for the links too..

Ale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X