Armenian Freiwilligen NCO tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armenian Freiwilligen NCO tabs

Armenian Freiwilligen NCO tabs up for review!
    Thoughts?
    Attached Files

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

back view
      Attached Files

Comment

Nick, I'm sorry but I don't like these very much. The tress has the longer diamonds like the post-war tress, the piping looks odd, the burlap backing looks like raw burlap, not the tighter (and usually finished/waterproofed) backing, and the stitching looks thin - not like the sturdy wartime thread and stitch.

I really hope I'm wrong - they are very attractive. This foreign volunteer stuff has non-German material and technique on occasion.

Good luck - regards, Robert

Comment

I am not crazy about the piping or the tresse either.. sorry..

Jens

Comment

Agree with all the above, no good.

Comment

East German piping

These tabs are made using East German piping and tress.

Comment

Just to add to above comments - the Armenians either wore the standard bevo or printed volunteer tabs or regular WH tabs.

P.S. Should we expect a new wave of Ost volunteer tabs to hit the market?

Comment

Thanks for confirming my hunch...no good is the verdict...
                  Could these be wrapper recon tabs with skulls removed and "modified" with incorrect East German tresse to look Armenian?
                  I agree that BeVo and printed versions are the types you woudl expect to see.
                  (I own both style)
                  This set I was leary about.

Comment

I don't think the basic tab is any good. The material is probably original overcoat scrap, but the backing burlap is not something I'd be comfortable with. It is too coarse and unfinished to be original, IMHO.

regards, Robert

Comment

armenian tabs

For what it's worth, I agree that these are likely fakes. However I'm not sure I entirely agree with Askold regarding only BeVo and printed versions of the tabs being worn. Just as field made versions of the shields were constructed when requisitioned supplies were unavailable, it could have been possible that units contructed field examples of the tabs as well. I've seen at least one set on Wehrmacht-Awards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X