ID of Cap Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID of Cap Eagle

I picked up this cap eagle from a veteran's estate today. Can anyone tell me which branch of service it is from? Is it perhaps from an M-41 cap? The width measures 2 1/4" and the length is 1 1/2". Thanks!

Barry
    Attached Files

--
    Attached Files

Comment

The configuration would be like the type used by the Army.

Comment

Thanks Johnny, but I am looking for more information than that - it's quite small.

Comment

Lets try ORG Todt.. Billbert

Comment

Hi, its mostly likely a cap eagle trapezoid, usually for m43 or later caps, its color might make it something else, but army seems most appropriate. A look behind the folded over material would tell whether its original or not.

Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
              Hi, its mostly likely a cap eagle trapezoid, usually for m43 or later caps, its color might make it something else, but army seems most appropriate. A look behind the folded over material would tell whether its original or not.

Jerry.
              what did Billbert say? I agree with him; the green-brown collor is from the Org. Todt i.m.o.

Comment

Ok, thanks - I was thinking OT as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post
                  Thanks Johnny, but I am looking for more information than that - it's quite small.
                  That is the standard size about 2+- inches by 1 1/2 when folded. The M41 is the "DAK" cap, the M43 type cap in wool is the type that would have an eagle like this either RAD or Army.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X