Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW special Rank Insigina need your help

I bougt a lot Luft Rank Insinia.
    Please help me about this set to identify.

Greetings Andi
    Attached Files

Reserve Flak Leutnant

Comment

Hello Andi,

the boards and tabs are for a "Leutnant der Reserve (Passant)" of the Flakartillerie (Luftwaffe).

Passant (the silver cord under the boards) mean the soldier isn't in the army yet, but he has the permission to wear his old uniform.

All the best,
      Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
        Reserve Flak Leutnant
        Thank you very much....

Greetings Andi

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
          Hello Andi,

the boards and tabs are for a "Leutnant der Reserve (Passant)" of the Flakartillerie (Luftwaffe).

Passant (the silver cord under the boards) mean the soldier isn't in the army yet, but he has the permission to wear his old uniform.

All the best,
          Andreas
          You mean: the reserve lieutenant is a civilian at the moment and can still wear his uniform.

very curious,

Thanks to all

Comment

Hi Andi,

The flak reserve tabs are scarce but the real rarity in this group is the boards. Normal reserve boards are hard enough to find but the ones with the tress are impossible. I have never seen another flak reserve pair with the tress.

Paul R had posted these:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...edical+retired

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Nice medical boards with the "textbook" style tresse.

There is a different between one and two stripes under the boards.

One stripe is "Passant" or "a.D. (ausser Dienst)", two stripes are for "z.V. (zur Verfügung)" Officers at duty or training.

Here are two pieces from my collection. First a Reserve Leutnant of the Flakartillerie with "selfmade" a.D. "Passant" stripes.
              The second one is a Heer Oberstleutnant of IR 2.

All the best,
              Andreas

Comment

I thought that they were for a Retired Officer who had the right to wear the uniform(to certain events).

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                  I thought that they were for a Retired Officer who had the right to wear the uniform(to certain events).
                  Here I have to surrender with my English language. I will post it in German and hope someone can translate it for you.

"..aus dem Heer Ausgeschiedene (a.D.), die die Erlaubnis zum Tragen einer Uniform erhalten haben, tragen auf dem Waffenrock, der Feldbluse und dem Mantel quer unter den Schulterstücken eine 1cm breite Tresse aus Aluminiumgespinst nach besonderem Muster..."
                  "..Offiziere z.V. tragen bei Dienstleistungen die Uniform der Offiziere a.D., soweit diese ihnen beim Ausscheiden verliehen worden war. Zu Auswahl-Übung und zu sonstigen Übungen einberufene Offiziere des alten Reichsheers tragen die Uniform der Reserveoffiziere des betreffenden Truppenteils, dazu unter jedem Schulterstück das a.D. - Abzeichen in doppelter Ausfertigung."

The regulations for "a.D." are not for officers only. NCO's are also could wear this signs. The "z.V." regulations are for Reserve officers only.

All the best,
                  Andreas

Comment

Thaks to all

Greetings Andi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X