Opinions on these eagles please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on these eagles please

I recently found these at an estate sale. I paid 2.00 for them. Was it worth it? Any and all comments welcome.
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic5
          Attached Files

Comment

Both are very nice eagles...I would say you got your moneys worth. I have never seen a Navy eagle with the material all around the edge. Very unusual and probably very desirable, congratulations.

Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard, so the blue eagle is navy? What uniform would it be sewn on?

Comment

I would venture just about anything white that an embroidered breast eagle could be used on, however it certainly would look good on the white jumper. There are a number of KM collectors that can probably help you narow it down much better.

Richard

Comment

The top eagle is 100% genuine. I have an example I acquired from a vet's family.

Comment

I like them both and will be happy to double your money

Richard

Comment

Thanks guys, I will probably put them on the stand when I can find out what a good price would be and what has sold to compare with. I don't collect these but know them when I see them and know that alot of people do.

Comment

Hi there!

Nice eagles...
                        The blue one, as stated is for the kriegsmarine white jumper...

http://warrelics.eu/forum/military_p...eportphoto.jpg

Not the same eagle, but...

Cheers!
                        Last edited by frank savage; 03-17-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell1 View Post
                          I recently found these at an estate sale. I paid 2.00 for them. Was it worth it? Any and all comments welcome.
                          I'll triple your outlay!!! Very nice and unusual KM for the summer white pullover top, as was said I've not seen one with the edge trim, but there are lots of things I've never seen. I would not expect it to make it worth a lot more than a normal blue & white summer eagle, as these eagles tend to be quite cheap. Not so desirable to most, but I like them. The other is a heer, earlyish IMO and original.

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X