• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Kriegsmarine breast eagle please

Could I please get opinions on this KM breast eagle;
    Thank-you very much.
    Jp

This eagle is not original, in my opinion.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Thumbs down, also by my side...

Cheers!

Comment

Im not 100% convinced its bad.

I like the two tone thread effect on the rear, which is consistent with original machine embroidered pieces.As for the design, Kriegsmarine eagles can be on the cartoonish style at times.

Gentlemen , Perhaps if you indicate some of the points you dont like .

Comment

I didn't like the design and the way it is sewn... About the two tone backing it couldn't be a perfect discrimine, due it is possible to do still now for sure. Is dangerous believe that some sewn couldn't be reproduced now. As then the production wasn't make by fine craftsman, but simply tailor with tailor machine...

That's true that, in the close-up pic, the thread looks promising, that 'moves' as some of the original cloth badge.... But the design and the 'smell' that came with.. didn't like so much!

Anyway is only my pesonal opinion...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
            Im not 100% convinced its bad.

I like the two tone thread effect on the rear, which is consistent with original machine embroidered pieces.As for the design, Kriegsmarine eagles can be on the cartoonish style at times.

Gentlemen , Perhaps if you indicate some of the points you dont like .
            Hi,
            I like it more than I don't, but it is a type I'm not so familar with, so my opinion has to be a bit noncommital, but I like the construction and the feathering on the body, so I tend to favor it being good, IMO.

Jerry

Comment

I have the same one and it's a good one i.m.o.

Comment

I don't like the details, especially of the head and legs of the eagle as well as the swastika. I've never seen an original with that shape of head and simple sticks for legs. The color of the base cloth also seems off, but that could just be the variations caused by monitors, cameras, etc.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Very similar to an original one known IMO but alkso different in small details, I don't like the back, ... IMO not a good one
                  Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks very much gentlemen for the lively discussion on this piece.
                    Here are some more pics with different lighting and background, hope it helps.

Also, is there enough of a disagreement here to here to list it on e-stand or should it go to BAZAAR?

Attached Files

Comment

Im still undecided.I see more points that i like than i dislike.

Have you blacklighted it?.
                      Id be interested in the result in regards to the rear white thread.

Comment

thumbs down from me aswell

Comment

Theres a very similar one of these for sale on the Collectors guild website.

Item k000861 in the kriegsmarine breast eagle insignia section.

Interesting.

Comment

Hi guys, this one is on timetravelermilitaria.com attached to a uniform.
                            Attached Files

Comment

and another separate also..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X