Unusual Edelweiss badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Edelweiss badge

Hi Guys, can anyone give me any info on this unusual edelweiss badge.Does not seem like the bormal type. Thanks, Ferg1

Looks like a handmade piece to me. Was it loose or did it come off a piece of clothing?

Comment

It was loose ,came with a group of Kriegsmarine sleeve patches all WW2. Ferg1.

Comment

Greetings All,

The pattern of the patch resembles the Bundeswehr sleeve edelweiss IMO.

Fred

Comment

The colors are close to the post War patch for Panzer Brigade 24, looks like a kids craft project to me. Check it against KM ships insignia you may get a match with those colors as well.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerbrigade_24

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            The colors are close to the post War patch for Panzer Brigade 24, looks like a kids craft project to me. Check it against KM ships insignia you may get a match with those colors as well.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerbrigade_24
            Yeah, I mean me grandma made much nicer embroidery back in the days...

Comment

I wonder if this might be an unofficial Narvik kampfer veteranssleeve piece ..from the KM men whom had their ships shot from under them ..refitted in captured stock uniforms and equiptment and fought as infantry the rest of the campaign..
              Billbert

Comment

Maybe its for Km moutain troops

Comment

Hope this might quell some of the giggles..Courtesy of A Mollo 1976

Since the patch came with all KM items I m quite certain I could be on the right trail... Billbert

KM mountain troops indeed... you bet !!
                  Attached Files

Comment

It does look a bit homemade to me, done by someone not that good at embroidery, so it could fit with Bilbert's scenario, but probably difficult to get accepted without a good provenance. Maybe a unit tradition type badge, locally made by the sailors, but are there more out there? That would help, or a good photo. I see its for sale, an interesting item.

Jerry

Comment

Very interesting information Billbert

I hope some one can confirm this patch !

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X