Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reversible camo gloves

Hi,
    recently I bought a pair camo gloves which even though offered as matching obviously were not matching because you could clearly see on the pictures that they had different camo patterns.

Now that I got them at home and have a close look at them I'm starting thinking about if it really isn't a matching pair.

The first thing I noticed is that both gloves have the same wear. On the pictures of the camo side you might not clearly see it because the marsh pattern has a bit stronger colors as the splinter pattern. On the white side it is much better visible. But when you hold them in your hands you can see that both gloves have the same wearing and most likely have been worn together.

The second thing I noticed is that both gloves have exactly the same kind of string and that the used thread is matching.

The third and probably the most significant thing I noticed is that the thumb of the marsh pattern glove seems to be made of splinter cloth. Sadly that thumb is a bit faded but I guess you can recognize it on the picture that shows both sides of the thumb.

Now I know that with a cut pair of gloves like that we can't prove that they really belong together. But my question is, do you think is it possible that they belong together and has anybody seen examples of pairs of gloves with differrent camo patterns that are uncut?

Last edited by knoffhoff; 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM. Reason: forgot the picture :S

Yes, I have seen matching sets with different camouflage patterns. In fact, it is common to find so-called "reversed Splittertarn" garments (ie. Splittertarn in sumpftarn colours) with small pieces of Sumpftarn. Per exemplum: a pair of 'reversed Splittertar' mittens, featuring Sumpftarn '43 fingers.

Nice pair of gloves, with a lovely 'reversed' print.

Best,
    Vincent S.

Comment

jep, nothing wrong with these gloves, they are 100% ok !
      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Thank you, I was aware of the usage of different camo patterns on jackets and trousers, even hoods. But somehow I couldn't link it to the gloves. Must have been because I was 100% sure that they don't match when I bought them. Good to hear that there are chances that they are really matching. I think I will have to look closer for items with different patterns in the future.

Btw, any news on your new books? I'm looking forward to both of them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X