Desk Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desk Eagle

Wasn't sure what section to post this so if it's the wrong section please move it... Thank you
    Some years ago I got the chance to buy a bronze desk eagle from a Canadian WW2 vet. It was made of bronze and was mounted on a rectangle of dark green marble. The vet told me he traded some cigarettes and some stockings to a Russian soldier at the end of the war in Berlin. he said the Russian told him that he had taken it off a desk in the Reichstag. I sold it some years ago but before I did I made a mold of it and made a couple resin casts of it. I've always wondered if the story was true. At the time I owned the eagle I didn't have a digital camera or scanner. But here is a picture I took of one of the casts of the eagle. Of course the color of the eagle doesn't match the original eagle as it had a very dark bronze patina. Here are pics of the front and rear of the eagle copy... opinions welcomed.... Harold

Harold, as I understand that this is a cast of the actual eagle, did you notice any markings on the original piece?

Mil
    Last edited by Military; 05-28-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I think it's not period just my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Niblet View Post
        I think it's not period just my humble opinion
        I agree.

Comment

The orignial eagle was attached to a small green colored marble base. For the repro cast I made I just used a ordinary trophy base. The info on the eagle came from the old vet I bought it from

Comment

Did you notice any markings on the original piece?

Comment

No I never noticed any markings at that time I will check the mold and see if there are any as the mold should have picked them up if there are any

Comment

Thanks pzrwest. keep us posted.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X