Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's tabs

Hi Guys,
    These might be in the wrong thread since there Imperial, but i have had these for awhile, bought them in the frame, so what do you guys think?
    Thanks for any help.
    Regards,
    Gary
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Again.
      Gary
      Attached Files

Comment

I take it that these are 3rd Reich tabs for a field marshall correct? Wonder why the use of Imperial buttons on the cuff tabs

Comment

Yes, I was told there Fieldmarshall, but for Imperial.
          The buttons, i have no idea, parade dress?
          Thanks for any more help on these.
          Regards,
          Gary

Comment

I may be way off base, but they just don't seem to have the quality I have come to expect from general's quality insignia. I have never seen a set with the black outline or "low lights" to the embroidery. The quality of the wool also looks very poor, perhaps it velvet? I didn't think they had this style of Field Marshall's tab in WWI?

It could also be that I do not collect Imperial insignia and I'm not familiar with it at all, so sorry if I have misspoken. Maybe Mike at Marshall's Baton will weigh in on them.

Richard

Comment

tad collar is the quarterback, they were admitted in 1942 0 1943, so I see the sleeve insignia is a faffenrock, at that time NLOS general collar patches and marshals carry 2 single braid and 3 to I have concerns, they say have more friends here
              just my opinion
              Xisco

[quote = RUHL13; 3888914] Hi Guys,
              Estos pueden ser en el hilo equivocado ya que Imperial, pero he tenido estos por un tiempo, compré en el marco, ¿qué piensan ustedes?
              Gracias por cualquier ayuda.
              Recuerdos,
              Gary [/ quote]

Comment

Thank You everyone for the help, so my question is are they good, bad or just ugly
                A friend offered me $400 for these, some friend.
                Xisco...i don't know what you mean, sorry.
                Regards,
                Gary

Comment

,,,,,,,,,traslator grrr
                  sorry for my bad English, is a translator.
                  tab collar is of marshals, this necklace for marshals until 1941, that all you are a waffenrock.
                  the waffenrock be used until 1939.
                  fail as the dates of years.
                  just in 1939 his picture of the collar tab did not exist in 1939.
                  regards xisco
                  Last edited by rameses; 03-10-2010, 06:18 AM.

Comment

The quality of the collar tabs and cuft tabs are extreamly crude in my personal opinion, the desing lacks the quality and fine definition that are legendary on this type of insignia. The black outline is something I haven't seen before in a Imperial or WW2 Heer general rank insignia. If you compare this items with originals...Imperial or WW2 the "bullion" work on the tabs posted looks to "chunky and deformed" . The backing cloth as stated by other members is also of a big concern.

Again in my very personal opinion they are not original, but again there are other with more experience and knowledge on this on the forum that can give you a better opinion.

Comment

tabs

Gary, based on the quality of these maybe the $400 offer is not too bad...for you not your friend. Good luck, Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X