Im Dienst Armband, opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im Dienst Armband, opinions please?

Hi, I've had this a while and wondered what people think? It's a printed example, which makes it less certainly a period original, though they did use printed type, so any thoughts?

Thanks, JerryB
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Thanks, Jerry

Comment

These "Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht" armbands are almost always printed, embroidered types are quite rare and I have never seen a woven type. Generally, these armbands are printed on white fabric. Here is an original I found on yellow fabric:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=148623

I enjoy these armbands and have not seen any others on yellow fabric, I consider this a rare variation. Printed armbands are hard to authenticate, I look at the style of printing. Original printed armbands were made with an ink that soaked in to the fabric and caused a lot of bleed-through to the reverse. Modern textile screen-printing inks are thick and the ink sits on top of the fabric, generally speaking. The light printing at the end of the word "Wehrmacht" on the example you show is atypical for original armbands, in my opinion. It looks like more modern printing to me. I wouldn't buy this one based on these pictures.

Comment

Thanks Chris, what I expected, but not what I wanted. It's better to know.

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X