POA tunic I used to own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POA tunic I used to own

Thought you guys might like to see a neat POA tunic I got out of the woodwork in 2003. It came with the fur hat and some SSperiodicals along with some original pictures of Buchenwold (I think) taken by the US vet-- actually I still have the pictures somewhere which I'll probably sell when I dig them out.
    This was pre-forum days and I took them to the KC militaria show and of course a couple of know-it-all delears there told everyone it was a total fabrication. Of course I dug it out of the vet's trunk but what the heck. Then about a year later I sold the tunic, hat, and periodicals for a very low price -- I don't want to think about how little I took.

The patch is on the wrong side but according to my research the 1st Div. POA wore them on this side.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Were there any markings inside on the liner? Looks like a printed shield.. I don't think which side matters,,if you took 10 POA men together I'd bet there would be very little uniformity in the uniforms!

The shoulder boards aren't exactly POA. Maybe some kind of mix /Soviet etc.? Is that bar on the collar tabs gold?

Comment

I can't recall --I ]thought silver -- I had thought these were artillery boards but who knows?

Comment

The devices are crossed cannon with a flaming bomb over them.

Comment

This set is on display in my basement. I tried to by the set the first time it was at the KC Show but we couldn't get together. I later got in touch with the owner and bought it at the next show.
            He is correct about several of the dealers tearing it to shreads at the show.

Odell

Comment

Hey Odell, hows it going -- actually I set the price, he never twisted my arm -- I hope you didn't take it that way. Also to be fair the rep from Manions really liked the tunic and said it was really a good piece -- O'dell was smart enough not to listen to the nay sayers and I am glad it ended up with a guy who appreciates history.

Comment

"Also to be fair the rep from Manions really liked the tunic and said it was really a good piece"

Comment

Originally posted by johnny r View Post
                  "also to be fair the rep from manions really liked the tunic and said it was really a good piece"
                  :d
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

I hear you but that's why I said "To be fair to Manions" The rep at the show was pretty accurate on several items and shot reasobable prices etc. -- that doesn't mean I consigned anything to them that day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X