7th panzer regiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th panzer regiment

I have had this light weight m36 style panzer tunic for quite a few years and never had any pictures taken of it. The 7th panzer regiment is quite interesting in that it met is end in North Africa and was never reinstituted there after. It is in a very nice worn condition. Jacques
    Attached Files

closer
    Attached Files

Comment

shoulder board
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
        Attached Files

Comment

collar tab
          Attached Files

Comment

Award loops
            Attached Files

Comment

other collar tab with slight split in russian braid
              Attached Files

Comment

The fabric is a real high quality lightweight wool most often seen with mid-late 1930s quality tailor-made tunics. Very nice.

Comment

Hi JacquesF,
                  Very nice tunic. Which Division were the 7th regt with, the 10th I think?

JerryB

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by VonBond View Post
                    Hi JacquesF,
                    Very nice tunic. Which Division were the 7th regt with, the 10th I think?

JerryB
                    Stellar tunic congratulations! The 7. Panzer Rgt, was indeed part of the 10. Panzer Division.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...menter/PR7.htm

I have always wondered why it was not rebuilt after North Afrika...

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                      Stellar tunic congratulations! The 7. Panzer Rgt, was indeed part of the 10. Panzer Division.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...menter/PR7.htm

I have always wondered why it was not rebuilt after North Afrika...
                      It does seem strange, as a low number rgt, I would expect it to have been reformed, like the 21st pz div. Anyone know why?

JerryB

Comment

This is another option as well if he was that rank and had a large ribbon bar it would work too. I have some nice tunics for older officers and others that were badly wounded and sent to trianing units. Most never made Major.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...zerAbtErs7.htm

Comment

Nice tunic Jacques

The 7th served in Russia near Moscow before the Tunisian campaign under Von Arnim. These men were proud of both their service in Russia and that they were not part of the defeated DAK. Also first unit to work in conjunction with the Tiger tanks from the 501st.

The 15th Pz Div was not rebuilt after Afrika either, and the 21st did not resemble the original unit in Afrika, with the 100th Pz Regt which was mainly French tanks and PzKw IV's... the only Pz Div to fight the Allies on D-Day.

Here is a photo of a custom made Officer's tunic from the 7th Pz regt while in Afrika...many thanks to Ralph H.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 03-07-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Ralph,

Your just going to show us one measly B & W photo of what looks like an incredible piece? Be kind to your fellow forum members.

Richard

Comment

Nice tunic Jacques. I like those sharply scalloped pocket flaps. Here is a pic of a 10th panzer DAK veteran with ribbons for both the Russian front and the Africa campaign.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X