GJ Officer Tunic for comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ Officer Tunic for comments

I am posting this for another member. The tunic was posted earlier but in an older thread but did not get responses. I am posting here for comments on orginality etc. There are no images of the lining and interior.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The Spange for the EKI WW1 should not be worn with the EKI WW2 it would be worn with the EKI WW1. Did the owner badge it up or the seller? Usually if the ribbon bar is worn then they would omit the ribbons in the button hole or so I've been told. Also I have never seen a party badge worn on the right pocket and usually not seen on Heer uniforms. Just my opinions

Comment

Correct on all accounts pzrwest.

John, not sure what else could be said. It looks like a real tunic with a non-standard private purchase edelweiss and Narvik that requires better pics. Too hard to tell from the pics if all is original to the tunic. IMO your opinion on this would be as valuable to your friend as anyone else's here.

Best regards!!

Bob

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                The Spange for the EKI WW1 should not be worn with the EKI WW2 it would be worn with the EKI WW1. Did the owner badge it up or the seller? Usually if the ribbon bar is worn then they would omit the ribbons in the button hole or so I've been told. Also I have never seen a party badge worn on the right pocket and usually not seen on Heer uniforms. Just my opinions

Comment

I am sure the awards are all collector applied and I agree not correct etc.

I cannot tell on the insignia with these photos. With the gabardine material it can be difficult to see evidence of replaced insignia unless there is sun fading etc.

The GJ came with another original tunic that although very nice, it had been tinkered with so I would not be surprised to see somethings changed on the GJ as well but hopefully not.
                  Attached Files

Comment

One person says the shield is real so that is a good start and solves one problem.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=419821

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                      Usually if the ribbon bar is worn then they would omit the ribbons in the button hole or so I've been told.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks!

Thanks Johnny for everything and to everyone else for your observations
                        I will post more detailed pics when tunics arrive.

appreciate Johnny posting these pics and thanks to everyone else for your observations!!

Comment

Though I agree the awards are owner applied, bnz 42 has posted some proof that ribbons were sewn on before the ribbon bar was added and left in place.

Kevin

Comment

The breast eagle has been repaired by adding badge cloth to the lower right wing and up the side. The eagle is not stitched as I would expect if original to the tunic. It may have been denazified and was moth bitten or critter damaged and then repaired, and then sewn back on, hard to say at this point. I do like the edelweiss. Additional pictures should be interesting.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X