No announcement yet.

HBT M43 Tunic Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are of course period photos of a Heer cut M43 being worn by W-SS.
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn, thanks for this picture. There is no 'never' in German militaria, it sometimes seems... I know of many photographs of Latvian SS-volunteers with Heer M43 6-button tunics. There exits a film sequence of an oath-taking ceremony where you can literally see dozens of those tunics being worn. When standard Heer tunics were used, you can imagine that also Drillich tunics with 6 buttons were used. How many originals must have been stripped of their insignia, because they were not text-book?

Lucius

Comment

Originally posted by Luciusdegeer View Post
        Glenn, thanks for this picture. There is no 'never' in German militaria, it sometimes seems... I know of many photographs of Latvian SS-volunteers with Heer M43 6-button tunics. There exits a film sequence of an oath-taking ceremony where you can literally see dozens of those tunics being worn. When standard Heer tunics were used, you can imagine that also Drillich tunics with 6 buttons were used. How many originals must have been stripped of their insignia, because they were not text-book?

Lucius

Yes,W-SS often seen in period photos and newsreel wearing Heer issue items,including headgear...More so than most think.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          There is a well known original "das reich "HBT tunic, that is also featured in the Beavor Books. Jacques
          Jacques, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it!
          When you go home
          Tell them for us and say
          For your tomorrow
          We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
          Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

In the Beaver books also you can see the letters from Oswald Pohl to Himmler describing receiving both raw textiles and clothing from OKH/OKW. This does not prove that the HBT is all original etc. but certainly the SS did use Army and even LW uniform items. There are several pictures of SS EMS wearing Fliegerblusen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X