Mt First Kriegemarine Impression - Schnellboot Fire Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt First Kriegemarine Impression - Schnellboot Fire Control

In the past I've mainly collected Panzer related items, so this is my first attempt to branch off a bit. A fire control EM/NCO on a Schnellboot.

How did I do?
    Attached Files

Schnellboot 2

Attached Files

Comment

Schnellboot 3

Attached Files

Comment

Schnellboot

This photo from the book S-Boote, German E-boats in action by Jean-Philippe Dallies-Labourdette was my inspiration for the impression, although the equipment and uniform are a bit different.

My uncle and most of his unit were killed by an S-Boot attack on their way to Normandy in 1944. It was a night attack, so I think the crew would have likely worn the black leather jacket at night.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great John!!! Sorry to hear about your uncle though...
          War = hell!

Comment

I agree, it looks super John!! Where did you get the sweater, I need one like that for my S-Boote guy as well.

That's also a nice cabinet you have in the background, I think made by Pulaski. A very nice cabinet to display your pieces in, Bravo!

Bob

Comment

I agree John, nice outfit...but you have to stop dressing up and posing for photos. People are starting to talk. Just some friendly advise.

Comment

KM Impression

Thanks for the comments guys, I just thought I'd try something new.

Nick, thank you.

Bob, Ebay for the sweater. Just look for a vintage "Irish Fishermans Sweater". The seller actually gave this to me for free. Not sure on the cabinet maker, but I like it.

Sorry Richard but it's always halloween at my house.

Comment

KM Impression

I can't believe I forgot I had a life jacket to put on him, but here he is again, complete this time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X