Pristine Medical Leutnant (Oberarzt) tunic...opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pristine Medical Leutnant (Oberarzt) tunic...opinions

Guys I've had this one a few years now, I did a trade with a Doctor in greece(?) and have had it but never put it up for discussion.

Can anyone confirm its authenticity or give me some pointers as to its manufacture etc? Also any idea of its worth these days?

From the pics I would say it looks like a nice later-war tunic. I have never been a fan of hand-sewn tabs, but that's just a personal quirk and nothing against the tunic itself - they make more sense on a tunic made for wear in the field.

Don

Comment

Does the hand stitching go all the way to the back side of the tab? It is hard to tell in the photo but it looks like a line of machine stitching holes with no thread under the collar?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        Does the hand stitching go all the way to the back side of the tab? It is hard to tell in the photo but it looks like a line of machine stitching holes with no thread under the collar?
        sorry mate not 100% clear what I'm looking for. do you want me to confirm whether the sewing thread attaches to the tabs through the collar? Isn't that a given? Sorry...I collect hats primarily and don't know the ins and outs of uniform pardon the pun

Comment

Very nice late war fabric tunic. I have to agree the collar tab application is odd. How and when who knows?Jacques

Comment

Here- looks like the thread has been pulled out but the holes are still there. Does the shape match the size of the tabs?
            Attached Files

Comment

Not a bad tunic, maybe the collar patches show some play with them, but still ok. I dont think this is a Leutnant, but a Hauptmann rank.

regards, Les
              Last edited by ApathyL; 03-04-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post
                Not a bad tunic, maybe the collar patches show some play with them, but still ok. I dont think this is a Leutnant, but a Hauptmann rank.

regards, Les
                I agree with the rank and the sloppy tabs. EKII ribbon looks a little too nice and probably collector added.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  Here- looks like the thread has been pulled out but the holes are still there. Does the shape match the size of the tabs?

Ahhh yes, I see, good eyes I didn't even spot that and I have it in front of me!

Here are some close ups. The tabs could be replaced, who knows. Anyone venture a value in $$$ as I am considering selling.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X